Barbados or Neighboring Island/Quiet Resort

SantaAna,CA

Hello all!

I'm booked on a Seabourn cruise December of '06 that begins and ends in Barbados. I'm thinking of staying 5-6 nights when I get back to Barbados...I've been looking at resorts there, and also on neighboring islands. I'm looking for something upscale, very quiet, as secluded as possible with lovely beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions? I travel solo...thanks so much!

Jane :)

Hello all!

I'm booked on a Seabourn cruise December of '06 that begins and ends in Barbados. I'm thinking of staying 5-6 nights when I get back to Barbados...I've been looking at resorts there, and also on neighboring islands. I'm looking for something upscale, very quiet, as secluded as possible with lovely beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions? I travel solo...thanks so much!

Jane, for years we arranged for our overflow guests to stay at Sandy Lane. A top establishment.

But, by chance, we discovered The Coral Reef Club in St. James (West coast).

The O'Haras' do such a wonderful job and their first priority is to their guests. It is a wonderful experience.

It is a beautiful spot with 88 rooms, I believe, but they choose to only fill 1/2 of them in order to give personal attention to their guests.

It is considerably less than Sandy Lane, but still high even by Barbados' standards.

There are others, but this is our first choice now.

Please look over their site and let me know what you think.

http://barbados.wheretostay.com/property/039-photos.html

We have some guests from the UK every year that are very hard to please, and they fell in love with the place.

I hope it suits your needs, too. :)

Mods:

This is the third time I've posted to different threads and the post shows but it doesn't show any replies and, I believe, it doesn't send out a reply e-mail to anyone who posted on the thread.

Would you please forward this to the techie guys.

Thanks!

HI Jane,

I'm with Mr. Barbados.. Coral Reef Club and/or Sandy Lane would be my recommendations. Please note that while the beaches are public in Barbados, you likely will not have any problems with the beaches at each hotel.

If you really wanted to go to another resort Island, you might try Mustique or Bequia. Bequia would be my choice as I've stayed on the island for 8 days each trip for the last 2 years. however, Mustique is more secluded.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will especially on Seabourn and enjoy your stay in Barbados.

HI Jane,

I'm with Mr. Barbados.. Coral Reef Club and/or Sandy Lane would be my recommendations. Please note that while the beaches are public in Barbados, you likely will not have any problems with the beaches at each hotel.

If you really wanted to go to another resort Island, you might try Mustique or Bequia. Bequia would be my choice as I've stayed on the island for 8 days each trip for the last 2 years. however, Mustique is more secluded.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will especially on Seabourn and enjoy your stay in Barbados.

HI Jane,

HI Jane,

Thank you both. Yes I have checked out the Coral Reef Club, they have a very good rate for a single room. Sandy Lane, although gorgeous, I think is a little over my head price-wise. I will also check out Bequia. Thanks so much for your help!

On Bequia, I suggest you look first at the Plantation House or, if you really want seclusion, the Old Fort.

On Barbados, I really like the Coral Reef as recommended above, but also the quirky Peach and Quiet, favoured mostly by Brits and Canadians because it lacks the amenities many north americans demand (a/c, in-room TV and so on). Its also a plus, in my mind, ithat there are no children allowed (sorry guys). http://www.peachandquiet.com.

• 6 months later...

I had booked the Hilton Bridgetown for my pre-cruise stay (I liked them because of their beautiful pool, the Executive Room that included the lounge with breakfast and snacks during the day, and the on-site scuba shop), but decided against paying $380 a night and went instead for the $100 or so a night Peach and Quiet. No, it's not fancy, but the dive shop nearby picks you up for your dives...and there are only 22 rooms which means there won't be crowds or a buncha children screaming in the pool (I think of these things too). Thanks for the tip!

Seabourn "Pride" - Barbados to Barbados - December 2-9, 2006

Archived