Hasbro and cruise critic get together

jakzak10

Yes it is ok for little kids but as entertainment for adults? Went once and never ever again.

Hasbro was on our first cruise in 2013 and had a great time participating. We have no kids and are in our 30's :) I'm excited that it might be added onto the Dream during its change over

I almost missed our Cruise Critic meet and greet because all it was, was 1 line in the "what's happening" strip of the Fun Times... It wasn't until someone else pointed it out to me that I noticed it...

To be honest, the coffee/tea and cookies they provided was pretty much a waste of time. Plus, it was so late into the cruise that they held it, that we already knew most of the people

Hasbro was on our first cruise in 2013 and had a great time participating. We have no kids and are in our 30's :) I'm excited that it might be added onto the Dream during its change over

Before Hasbro we would have entertainment from a professional for the evening.

Now we have Hasbro.

To most people that is a reduction in quality of entertainment. Hasbro should be done in the afternoon on a sea day.

there were 70 who said they would all come to our meet and greet on the Freedom. Only 8 showed up. The age of the meet and greet as we once knew it is over. It appears over social media platforms are more popular.

Actually we find it depends upon the people who are part of the roll call.

In last few years some have had huge turnouts and some just fizzle out.

there were 70 who said they would all come to our meet and greet on the Freedom. Only 8 showed up. The age of the meet and greet as we once knew it is over. It appears over social media platforms are more popular.

IMO Kathy, you're absolutely correct,,,,,IF,,,,we continue to let Carnival arrange it. If we go back to the times when we arranged it, and set the time and date here on CC, then it's very often a different story. I've seen CC arranged meet & greets, embarkation day, right after life boat drill, when there were so many people in attendance that you couldn't get to the bar, or meet them all. I say, we don't need no stinkin' cookies and coffee, especially when they elect to have it some obscure day, and time, late in the cruise!

"SKY"

IMO Kathy, you're absolutely correct,,,,,IF,,,,we continue to let Carnival arrange it. If we go back to the times when we arranged it, and set the time and date here on CC, then it's very often a different story. I've seen CC arranged meet & greets, embarkation day, right after life boat drill, when there were so many people in attendance that you couldn't get to the bar, or meet them all. I say, we don't need no stinkin' cookies and coffee, especially when they elect to have it some obscure day, and time, late in the cruise!

"SKY"

I know JH is a man who when I mention Tatt2ed, Je Southaite and others flame me over but when he organized these events for me the room was given to us at the time and date when we asked for it and he sent prizes. On Freedom it was on the last day of the cruise - SMH.

I stand corrected was just advised that the cruise critic meet did take place last sea day at 3pm. No invitations sent just a mention in the fun times. Sorry I missed it but only 6 people showed up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Dream a couple of weeks ago. Our CC Meet and Greet was also scheduled the last sea day. I prefer these to be at the start of my cruise, not at the end when my cruise is about over.

Do not think I will sign up for any more of these CC M&Gs. My suggestion to my Roll Call will be to do it ourselves at the start of the week.

it makes zero sense to do a meet and greet on the last sea day. "hi, nice to meet you, glad we got to see you for 5 minutes, have a great life"

the fun of the meet and greet is getting to meet someone you kinda sorta "know" early on in the cruise so you can recognize a friend later on, or schedule things together, cheer each other on in karaoke, or spend the week randomly bumping into each other at the buffet...not just to say hi when it's all over. that's just terrible.