Vista Guarantee Balcony Cabin

So my wife and I were just offered a pretty good deal on a Balcony Cabin on the Vista... But its a non-changeable, Guarantee cabin that they will assign closer to the cruise... With all of our Carnival Cruises, we have never done this...

If you have maybe you can help with a few questions...

1) Does this pretty much mean I'm going to get one of the obstructed view cabins?

2) I also saw that there are some cabins where there is a public walkway outside your balcony... Is your privacy pretty much shot to hell with them?

3) Any other thoughts on booking the Vista on this rate code?

Thanks guys...

1. Maybe.

2. No, there may be Ocean View Cabins that have this but not balcony.

3. We have done this before on other ships. Usually we have gotten a cabin better than the lowest rate which was considered an upgrade.

So my wife and I were just offered a pretty good deal on a Balcony Cabin on the Vista... But its a non-changeable,

Guarantee cabin that they will assign closer to the cruise... With all of our Carnival Cruises, we have never done this...

1) Does this pretty much mean I'm going to get one of the obstructed view cabins?

2) I also saw that there are some cabins where there is a public walkway outside your balcony... Is your privacy pretty much shot to hell with them?

3) Any other thoughts on booking the Vista on this rate code?

Thanks guys...

Never know what you will get....many times the slowest selling category in that class. I have ended up with the lowest and highest in the category and was once even bumped up to the next class. It is luck of the draw.

Edited by ray98

I went ahead and just bit the bullet. Cant bean $499 for a balcony, 8 day Vista.. Even if I end up in the laundry room. lol

Nope....that is a great price. You will have a great time no matter what cabin they give you.

I booked a "guaranteed category" room on the Valor before. First time I'd ever done it. We went with the Balcony room and were not disappointed. I'd been told that our cabin would not be assigned until we arrived to board, so when I logged in to print out our boarding passes the week before I was surprised to see a cabin already assigned. I was even more surprised when I saw that we'd been assigned to an aft view balcony on deck 8. So, for us, it was a gamble that turned out terrific. We only paid $300pp for a 6 night cruise.

That is a great deal for an 8 day, I would have jumped on it too.

So my wife and I were just offered a pretty good deal on a Balcony Cabin on the Vista... But its a non-changeable, Guarantee cabin that they will assign closer to the cruise... With all of our Carnival Cruises, we have never done this...

1) Does this pretty much mean I'm going to get one of the obstructed view cabins? Maybe/Maybe not.

2) I also saw that there are some cabins where there is a public walkway outside your balcony... Is your privacy pretty much shot to hell with them?The only balcony with the walkway are the Havana cabins and they are a special class, not a regular balcony cabin

3) Any other thoughts on booking the Vista on this rate code? You have to be prepared to take the worst cabin in the category, but I have not been disappointed yet.

Thanks guys...