Jack Harter "doorless" helicopter tour - Kauai 19th December

Hawaii_Lover

Alooooooooooooooooooooooha!

We're from Australia and myself, my partner and my sister are arriving in Nawiliwili, Kauai on 19th December by cruise ship, more specifically the Norwegian Wind.

We're interesting in booking a 60-65 minute morning flight with Jack Harter on their "doorless" Hughes 500 helicopter. This helicopter seat 4 passengers and I have been informed that they only fly full (need 4 passengers). Therefore if a single person does not book on the same flight as us, they will not fly and they will try and reschedule us. However as we're only on the island for several hours, it may not be possible to get an appropriate rescheduled flight time.

Is there anyone on the Norwegian Wind sailing (departs Honolulu on 17 December) who is interested in doing the "doorless" flight with Jack Harter who would like to join us? If you're interested and want to check out the tour please click on the following link http://www.helicopters-kauai.com/tour.html. While the price is a little bit more expensive that the regular flights, they provide a longer flight time and if you've seen the reviews on this forum you'll be just as keen to do this as we are! Also, Jack Harter provide pick up from the Nawiliwili pier so getting to and from the heliport is not a problem!

If you're interested please contact me via email me at elisa.daley@medicareaustralia.gov.au or simply post a reply in this thread!

You never know... there might be someone out there!!!!

Mahalo!:)

Good luck getting on to your flight. We had booked the same thing on our October cruise and we got screwed. First of all I will say, have a cell phone that works with you at all times on your trip. They called us 4 days before our flight and said that they were cancelling our flight due to the fact that the doorless chopper needed maintaince. they gave up the opportunity to rebook on their regular flights (with doors and 6 people) with no discount or anything for our inconveience. We said yes, just so we could see if we could scramble to find another opportunity. They said on the phone, "You are all set - see you on Sunday!"

THEN, they called us the day before (as I am on a tender coming back to the ship) saying, "We're sorry we are cancelling your flight because it only has 4 people on it not 6 like it has to have." I asked why they had said that we were "all set" if our flight wasn't confirmed yet? They had no answer. *Skip a few calls with Jack Harter here* So we scrambled and ended up on Safari air with our pilot Dana. He was awesome!

We saw one of our new friends from cruise critic that night (the night before Kauai) and told them what happened. They just couldn't believe it becuase they had a 10am flight with Jack Harter the next morning on a 6 person helicopter. They said they were worried and I told them not to worry, they would be fine. Well we ran into them after we sailed from Kauai and guess what?!? Jack Harter called them at 9am that morning to say they were cancelling their flight! She was like "I am waiting on the pier for you right now! How can you cancel our flight!?!" They had told her that he rflight was confirmed and full already so she had no reason to doubt them.... They ended up talking to someone at the pier who was there from another company and got them on a helicopter that day...

What is weird is that people seem to bounce from company to company out there so a lot of them know each other. When the one who picked up Laurie & Kevin (our friends) called her friend at Jack Harter, they told her that they just didn't feel like flying that morning so they cancelled a bunch of flights..... It was just ridiculous. I don't care if Jack Harter changed thei policy because of this board, they treat their customers like cr*p and they are rude on the phoen to boot. They didn't care about customer service whatsoever and aren't really that interested in giving anyone a qulaity experience. I would be leery of booking with them because even up until the last minute, everything can get cancelled. I'm glad I had a cell phone with me, otherwise I would have been waiting on that pier forever.....

I hope it works out for you, and we were very disappointed that we didn't get to fly in a helicopter with no doors, but overall, we really liked what we ended up with (except the guy in fromt of me who wore a bright shirt!). I would recommend Safari air with Dana on the weekends in a heartbeat.

Laurie, if you are out there and want to comment on this feel free to share your experience as well.

WBC

• 2 weeks later...

Worldsbestcandles: Thanks for much for your post. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply! We really want to do this tour and as it's winter and apparently is a busy tourist season, we're just keeping our fingers crossed that there will be someone out there who is looking to do the tour on the same day as us. I really hope that Jack Harter dont screw us around, I mean they make almost $1000 for that one flight so it seems stupid of them to keep on cancelling people if they're trying to operate a successful business.

If only other companies had doorless flights! Fingers crossed all goes well! I'll be sure to let you know!:)

Archived