Price of cigarettes

purchased two cartons for $66.00. where are you cruising? Some of the islands have great prices.

Indeed. Some of the islands have great prices. But very carefully examine before you buy. There are some seriously crappy imitation smokes out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the ship

Lowest prices are on Pall Mall - $20.00 a carton - each ship has different types -- menthol reg./100 (green) - they also have blue and orange

Off the ship

For American made cigarettes the lowest prices can be found in St. Thomas. For example @Havensight the same menthol Pall Mall's sold on the ship are available in 2 places - one charges $22.95 a carton, the other $23.95.

The lowest price in the Caribbean is found at St. Kitt's, the catch being the cigarettes are not American. The tobacco comes from India, the paper from France and they are manufactured in Switzerland. The prices start @ $16.00 a carton for brands like Salem & Marlboro.

St. Maarten also has cigarettes starting @ $17.00 a carton, but not American made. American made cigarettes start about $28.00 a carton. On this island cigarettes may be purchased in the port area, as well as downtown.

Be very careful buying cigarettes off the ship:eek:. I can't remember off hand which Island we were at, but I bought 2 cartons for our daughter in port @ $20 per carton. Took them home and she said they were horrible. I asked the person who sold them to me, how old they were because there was no date on them and he said that they had gotten them in 2 months ago, well when my daughter opened the carton there was a coupon in there from 5 years ago.

The ships prices may be slightly higher, but you will have the peace of mind that they will be fresh.

Edited by bren61
typo