Infinity Kids Programs

TexasBlue7

Has anyone had experience with the kids’ program to Alaska on Infinity? We are planning to take our daughter and family to Alaska mid June on Infinity (7 nights, RT out of Vancouver). However, our daughter is concerned that the 9 year old will be bored with the kids’ program. We were on the Solstice in early June this year and there were only a few kids at that time. So we didn’t get a feel for Celebrity’s kids’ programming. :D

We are onboard Infinity in November for Panama Canal with our 10 and 6 year olds and can at least share afterwards about that [emoji106] of course our rollcall here on CC has not had a single other child on it at all, and some friends of our's did a transatlantic on Infinity and their two children were the only kids onboard but their kids still enjoyed it (similar ages)

Has anyone had experience with the kids’ program to Alaska on Infinity? We are planning to take our daughter and family to Alaska mid June on Infinity (7 nights, RT out of Vancouver). However, our daughter is concerned that the 9 year old will be bored with the kids’ program. We were on the Solstice in early June this year and there were only a few kids at that time. So we didn’t get a feel for Celebrity’s kids’ programming. :D

We were on the Infinity to Alaska in September on the same itinerary. Because the school year had started, there were only a little over a dozen kids in the program. Even with this, my kids (6 and 9 years old) LOVED it. They woke up each morning looking forward to it. They begged us to stay when we picked then up. They had a great time and came back to the cabin exhausted each night.

The staff was great. The program was educational and fun. The only thing I would improve is the family events the staff held. There could have been better announcements about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure how many kids will be on in June since some schools in the country are still going until mid to late June. We were just on the Solstice in August in Alaska. My 9 year old loved it, as did my 7 year old. They called me mean when we tried to take them out if the program. They said it was the best of their four Celebrity cruises, and best vacation ever. They were never bored all week. Btw we were told there were much fewer kids the week we went. When they were putting the kids muster bracelets on they mentioned there were 250 kids on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure how many kids will be on in June since some schools in the country are still going until mid to late June. We were just on the Solstice in August in Alaska. My 9 year old loved it, as did my 7 year old. They called me mean when we tried to take them out if the program. They said it was the best of their four Celebrity cruises, and best vacation ever. They were never bored all week. Btw we were told there were much fewer kids the week we went. When they were putting the kids muster bracelets on they mentioned there were 250 kids on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for sharing! :)

• 1 month later...

A quick update: my 10 and 6 year olds were onboard Infinity Nov 9-24 for Panama Canal. We had 16 kids total out of about 2000 passengers onboard overall. The small group made it nice and they said it was their favorite ever (they have about 120 nights on various ships and cruiselines). As a former teacher and still a certified principal, I always have that educator eye and was impressed. They can have several hundred during the Alaska months they said, but each Fun Factory crew member was genuinely fantastic!

While I have seen threads here on CruiseCritic trashing on "don't bring children onboard" I found the crew welcoming. They also had a commercial on one of their stations in the stateroom targeting families to cruise Celebrity. Having seen a recent thread here on CC just before embarkation with someone stating Celebrity does not market to families... I snapped a quick pic when I saw that commercial in our room. ImageUploadedByForums1480581313.045759.jpg.88844b68b210d0e36cde8c4504626aca.jpg

Thanks for the update MandyGirl. We are still looking forward to our June 2017 to Alaska with our 9 year old grandson.

No problem! He will love it! We are doing Alaska as well in June - northbound on HAL. Denali opened reservations today for 2017 and we are renting an RV for a week out of Anchorage, which will be our first time to the interior!

• 6 months later...

We are doing the Infinity in under 2 weeks and will have 2 nine year olds, 2 15 year olds and 1 3 year old. If we're on the same cruise hopefully they can meet up. Our kids love making new friends!

We are doing the Infinity in under 2 weeks and will have 2 nine year olds, 2 15 year olds and 1 3 year old. If we're on the same cruise hopefully they can meet up. Our kids love making new friends!

We will have our 9 year old grandson with us. He is looking forward to the cruise. Are you signed up for the meet and greet? If not, sign up as we will all be there.

I've done the Infinity to Alaska and my son loved that cruise! I think he was 11 at the time. He liked the kid's program better on Celebrity than any of the other mainstream cruise line (Holland, Princess, Carnival, Norwegian or Royal) with the exception of Disney, which he liked equally. So don't worry for a minute. The 9 year old will probably have a better time on Infinity than the adults. Quisine was a huge hit with my son- very creative, playful and whimsical. The food was fine (not gourmet), but perfect for kids. There are now outdoor movies on deck 12 aft. In Alaska- my son loved the excursion in Skagway that included the panning for gold, petting and holding the Iditarod puppies and going in the 40 below zero room. Don't bother with the train in Skagway- both my boys were bored after ten minutes.

We will have our 9 year old grandson with us. He is looking forward to the cruise. Are you signed up for the meet and greet? If not, sign up as we will all be there.

I haven't signed up for the meet and greet yet but i just looked and we are definitely on the same cruise. I've got two sets of boy/girl twins plus an almost 4 yo girl. The 9 year olds are looking forward to the kids club. Your grandson should have some company.