Upgrade Fairy Called

Cruisedude24

The upgrade fairy just called this morning. I've literally been waiting on this call for a while now and I think that's the fastest I've ever jumped out of bed when I saw the mysterious 305 area code pop up. Currently I'm booked in a spa balcony and I was hoping to get a call about upgrading to a spa suite. That is what they offered to upgrade us into at $520 total for the week. Originally it would have been $600 total per my PVP. He also said if it's half of the original price I would jump on it. So I declined the offer as I felt it was not justifiable to spend over $500 on a little extra walking around room and a few amenities. I appreciate them calling but I booked the room we want so I'm happy with that.

Sorry it wasn't the call you were hoping for - maybe next time.

Hey - at least they called - we've never had one but we haven't really cruised a lot.

Did you try to bargain for a better price?

Typically upsell fairy does not have authority to offer a lower upsell price

My mom and I negotiated a better offer on a 4 night cruise on the Ecstasy. We went from an inside cabin on deck 9 to a jr. suite obstructed view balcony room on deck 9 (right across from our original room) for an additional $200.00total. They originally wanted $300.00 for the upgrade.

We had FTTF so we canceled that since we would now be in a suit and get early boarding and other perks so that saved us $50.00. So we both only had to put in an extra $75.00 each for the upgrade.

It was nice, but honestly, the jr. suite was kind of a disappointment.

Out of curiosity: When the upgrade fairy calls is it your PVP or some random person?

Random person. PVP's and upgrade fairy are two different departments. Upgrade fairy works for the CURE department from what I've been told and they are not allowed to speak to any other department at Carnival.