Hard copy or E-mail Doc's

JORAY

Interesting that some people on our sailing are get Doc's by E-Mail and others are getting them by mail.

We, just got our Doc's -- hard copy by mail and some on the same sailing are getting theirs by E-mail. WHY? (30+ days from sailing)

When I look at the hard copy there is nothing we need to board in them. Only nice thing is the bag tags. The rest of the hard copy is just "Ad's" shall we say. The gifts you can buy, excursions, and confirming the ship schedule and so on.

Yes, the legal fine print is there but who reads it? It is all on the Celebrity web pages that you see and review and OK, as you do the Pre-sailing form.

We did complete the on-line forms and they are not even confirmed this time.

I can see the money saving for Celebrity in the E-mailing of Doc's for people who have computers.

The question becomes why did we get hard copy?-- because we are old timers (seniors), maybe our Captain Club status, or the stateroom level we booked? :confused:

Ray, we've always received hard copies from X and RCI so I'm thinking Marilyn's correct -- it depends on your type of TA. On the other hand, this time our docs were sent directly from X, not to our TA first as has been the case in the past. I've never seen the e-mailed docs, but I always get a thrill out of receiving that document package in the mail so I hope to continue to receive them that way -- ads or no ads.

We are doing a back to back (booked at different times), and received our trans doc booklet by mail directly from Celebrity and our 2 day cruise booklet from our TA. My TA said it was because I originally booked the trans myself and transfered the booking to her while she arranged the 2 day.

Again - booklet or edocs - it is up to the TA. My TA will hand deliver my docs to me (she lives in the same town). An online agency needs to mail them to you - extra expense. When I was comparing online TA's to my TA back before edocs, one of the things that I noticed was that alot of the online agencies charged not only a shipping fee, but also a document fee. So even though you could save a bit, the extra fees wiped out most of the savings.

We booked directly with X this time. We don't sail until Jan 2/06 Mexican Riviera ...But we received our flight time via e=mail today. When do they usually send the other documents?

Thanks in advance.

Peace....Anna:)

We booked on a Ship and transfered to an on line TA, who in the past mailed the Doc's to us about 2 weeks before sailing.

This time they came direct from Celebrity!

In this case we booked Celebrity air because we depart from FL and cruise to LA, so airlines where pricing it, as a one way tickets for both flights.

PS: We live in NC which is close to Miami.

Yes, I do like the hard copy but not sure why when I think about it other than having the bag tags.

We booked on a Ship and transfered to an on line TA, who in the past mailed the Doc's to us about 2 weeks before sailing.

This time they came direct from Celebrity!

Ditto. Appears to be a new policy. We did the original booking for our next with X last December and then transferred to our TA. Docs just showed up from X this week.

Archived