Allure-Dining Help Needed

martyap

We just booked the Allure and the only MDR available was late seating. They wait listed us to early and suggested we just keep trying for the overbooked MTD. I understand that MTD may open up so I we will continue to try. We really prefer not dining at a set time every day.

We might like to try 1-2 specialty restaurants. If we book/pay in advance and reserve a specific day/time is it easy to change this online or right after boarding? Are these advanced specialty reservations non-refundable? It seems with individual restaurant bookings you can lock in a time......not the case with the dining packages.....you have to see what is left after boarding.

We think we understand the dining packages. Looked at the 3 restaurant package for $85. You select Day 1 or Day 2 and a time slot and RCCL picks your first venue. On boarding you can try to modify this pre-selection and add your next two dining venues. Is that correct? I have read that sometimes these packages are only offered pre-cruise. Is this also non-refundable?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before.....I did as much research before posing them

Thanks

Good question about the dining package. It doesn't seem to let you choose anything more than day 1 or 2 when you try online. Last year on the Oasis, I booked two specialty restaurants online and then we decided to do a 3rd when we were onboard. As expected, they wouldn't give us the 3 restaurant discount since we did it that way.

Looking forward to learning more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They probably use the package as a way to book days 1/2 and the less requested time slots the other days. I think we will just book two separate venues for the days/times we would want and not use the package "discount."

Edited by martyap