What should we do first?

traveling queen

We have a rental car reserved for our time in St Martin. What should we do first? We are interested in touring the island, spending some time on a beach and snorkeling, and last spending some money shopping. We have rented from Arthurs, since they were very helpful and are so close to the pier. We were just a little concerned with avoiding all the traffic jams. Any suggestions would be great. We are very flexible and independent people. Thanks a bunch.

We also like to do "our own thing" and have a Jeep Wrangler 5 psgr soft top auto/air w/unltd mileage reserved thru Hertz for our day on St. Martin.

After much research... here is our day. TIP: We have learned that it is best to drive to furthest point first and work your way back as the day progresses - that way if there is a problem later on you will be closer to the ship.

We plan to drive to Marigot first and visit the Open air market. Then to Grand Case beach for lunch and on to Dawn Beach to snorkle. Then will work our way back to Philipsburg to shop (maybe stopping at Butterfly farm).

When are you going to be there? I picked up a copy of Frommers Caribbean Port of Call (5th edition) which is the latest printing.....lots of good info. Helped alot to plan all our islands.... Have a great trip. WE LEAVE 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks Texancruser, Great info. We think a lot a like. We will be in St Martin on December 14th. You get to go first, lucky you. We have looked at the port of calls book, rented it from the library. There is so much to do and see. I don't want to miss anything. I know I will but at least I am on vacation. My sister-in-law might enjoy the butterfly farm. Thanks again for the reply. Have fun and I hope you will post a review when you return.

We plan to drive to Marigot first and visit the Open air market. Then to Grand Case beach for lunch and on to Dawn Beach to snorkle. Then will work our way back to Philipsburg to shop (maybe stopping at Butterfly farm).

Note that the Butterfly Farm is about half way back to Grand Case from Dawn Beach, not between there and P'Burg.

gary

Queen: We get back Dec. 3 and will post soon after. What ship are you on?

Gary: Sorry - didnt mean on the way back to Philipsburg.... got a really good map online for $3.50 and it has everything on it so we should be ok. Just meant if it looks like we have time we will stop there. I would rather invest that time in shopping :) but have to be democratic as there are others who have a say also.

Gee, I tried to post yesterday and it did not show up. We are on the Carnival Victory. Can't wait..... So much to do and see. Wondering who would have the best prices for Jewelry or Alcohol, St. Martin or St Thomas? Any suggestions or expierences? Thanks again and I will be checking the board each day before we leave. (Dec.9th) Have a blast.

Archived