Jade - TA - Disembarking in MIA, before final port TPA ?

bryanjaync

Jade is returning from Europe in November, with the first stop on Miami (8am-5pm), then day at sea, then Tampa. Tampa is last port for the TA cruisers. Jade then starts 7 day Caribbean cruises from Tampa.

Can/do TA passengers disembark in Miami instead of the final stop Tampa? Does customs / inspection do their thing in Miami since it is the first US stop after being overseas?

We are on the first sailing from Tampa (11/13) of the Jade for the season, and curious.

Are you booked on next Sunday's sailing, and you want to disembark early? It should be possible (on last year's westbound Jade TA, people got off in Miami before the cruise ended in Houston), but the cruise is less than a week away, so you should be on the phone with NCL today to arrange this.

And yes, I heard that Miami was a mess last year, and people were stuck on the ship for a couple of hours. The way I heard it, it was the fault of two inconsiderate passengers who had elected to disembark in Miami and held up the entire rest of the ship (I guess no one else could go ashore until all the disembarking passengers were off the ship first). So if you get special instructions from NCL to accommodate your special request to end the cruise early in Miami, please follow them closely!

Oops, I somehow overlooked the OP's last sentence about being booked on the next cruise out of Tampa. :o

Although the ship will go through customs in Miami (and some of the passengers will disembark), it will be arriving at a new homeport in Tampa after spending 6 months out of the country. So the crew may have some more things to take care of than on an ordinary mid-season turn-around day. I wouldn't count on necessarily being able to board at 11:30am on the 13th…