Augmentin in Cozumel?

luckyprincess

Hi! I do not have insurance and have had some issues that required augmentin in the past which required about $200 out of pocket to get. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable place to get this in Cozumel? I know many people go there to get antibiotics that we pay a fortune to get here. I'm hoping to hear of a trusted place. Thanks!

Hi! I do not have insurance and have had some issues that required augmentin in the past which required about $200 out of pocket to get. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable place to get this in Cozumel? I know many people go there to get antibiotics that we pay a fortune to get here. I'm hoping to hear of a trusted place. Thanks!

Bobbie Telez and her husband run a very nice, modern pharmacy in Cozumel. I've used them for years and always had great service. You can email Bobbie at: ferbambam@yahoo.com and she can tell you whether they carry that and the price. She has also ordered meds for me that she didn't carry. You should get a reply from her within a day or two.

Bobbie Telez and her husband run a very nice, modern pharmacy in Cozumel. I've used them for years and always had great service. You can email Bobbie at: ferbambam@yahoo.com and she can tell you whether they carry that and the price. She has also ordered meds for me that she didn't carry. You should get a reply from her within a day or two.

Thank you so much!!

I don't know what your prescription specifies, but a typical Amoxicillin (Augmentin) scrip of 20 pills at 875mg is less than $50 everywhere, and less than $20 a few places if you use goodrx.com and their discounts that are available. When I had insurance that had crappy prescription benefits, I used the GoodRx app exclusively to get better pricing than my insurance offered. I know I sound like an ad for them, but I promise I don't work for them!

I don't know what your prescription specifies, but a typical Amoxicillin (Augmentin) scrip of 20 pills at 875mg is less than $50 everywhere, and less than $20 a few places if you use goodrx.com and their discounts that are available. When I had insurance that had crappy prescription benefits, I used the GoodRx app exclusively to get better pricing than my insurance offered. I know I sound like an ad for them, but I promise I don't work for them!

Thank you for the info! The prescription itself wasn't uber expensive. But going to a doctor or clinic without insurance in my area is about $120 so that on top of the prescription AND time off work to go (I work when most doctors are open) is what adds up. I appreciate the info though! GoodRx sounds great!

Not sure where you are, but some Walmart stores have clinics in them now, which typically run $40-50 for a regular visit where they could prescribe any necessary meds. CVS pharmacies also have Minute Clinics in many of them, which have similar pricing structures for a visit.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for that info! I emailed and they are so nice and very helpful! I have an excursion that morning to Chakanaab and should get back to Cozumel by 3:30. Our cruise leaves at 6pm. Do I have enough time to go to the pharmacy from the port at 3:30 and still make it back in plenty of time?