Entertainment Eclipse

binzer2604

Thanks for all this info!

I'm sorry to hear that the CD is not entertaining. We've had a string of bad CD's lately, and I was hoping for a change. Oh Well.

Also sorry to hear that everything shuts down at midnight. We are night owls and are always looking for stuff to do in the early am. I guess we'll just have to readjust our clock and start getting up earlier ;)

Hope Ms Curry is back on the eclipse in a couple of weeks!

Happy Thanksgiving nusailer!!

Edited by FlamingJune1967

We are on the Eclipse December 11th. Would appreciate knowing who is current CD on Eclipse.

Thanks

Current CD is Eddie Jenkins, he came onboard as a replacement for Sue Jenkins, on November 13, 2016. Not the most energetic or present CD. Other than seeing him at the beginning and ending of the shows we have only seen him once in the oceanview. Must mention that in port stops we have been absent most of the time.

Yesterday was an exception as we were in St.-Maarten with 5 other large ships so we were eager to return to ship early, around 2:00. Entertainment by the pool consisted of a short bingo game.....can you believe it bingo by the pool? A little embarrassing as other ships with fun activities going on were all around us. Then a set by the Big Town....hummmm. Long afternoon!

In the evening, things picked up as the ventriloquist Gareth ???? Sorry forgot last name but we had seen him before and happily returned. Same show and if you have seen him will probably remember. Wild hair and tight pants, wife named Alice. Large part of show consists of an audience member with partial mask on...is this ringing any bells? So good fun but not much going on after so an early evening.

Tonight seems promising, the Rock city show, followed by Abba sing along and dance in the Sky lounge!! Can't wait. Let you know how that goes. During the day, mostly bingo, trivia and a few enrichment lectures. By the pool, volleyball and some live music..all the regulars. Sea monkeys will be in the Sky lounge from 10:45 until late...let you know how late!!

If you haven't booked yet and are considering different ships, I would suggest going on Equinox. Current CD is Alejandro. Probably the most energetic and hardworking CD we have seen. He is constantly asking for feedback from guests and is everywhere...wonder when he sleeps. Given a chance, we would cruise with him again. If not, well you are on a cruise..and how bad can it be? We always seem to find some positives. Have a good day!

In the evening, things picked up as the ventriloquist Gareth ???? Sorry forgot last name but we had seen him before and happily returned. Same show and if you have seen him will probably remember. Wild hair and tight pants, wife named Alice. Large part of show consists of an audience member with partial mask on...is this ringing any bells?

Gareth Oliver from Britains Got Talent. Seems to always go down well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current CD is Eddie Jenkins, he came onboard as a replacement for Sue Jenkins, on November 13, 2016. Not the most energetic or present CD. Other than seeing him at the beginning and ending of the shows we have only seen him once in the oceanview. Must mention that in port stops we have been absent most of the time.

Yesterday was an exception as we were in St.-Maarten with 5 other large ships so we were eager to return to ship early, around 2:00. Entertainment by the pool consisted of a short bingo game.....can you believe it bingo by the pool? A little embarrassing as other ships with fun activities going on were all around us. Then a set by the Big Town....hummmm. Long afternoon!

In the evening, things picked up as the ventriloquist Gareth ???? Sorry forgot last name but we had seen him before and happily returned. Same show and if you have seen him will probably remember. Wild hair and tight pants, wife named Alice. Large part of show consists of an audience member with partial mask on...is this ringing any bells? So good fun but not much going on after so an early evening.

Tonight seems promising, the Rock city show, followed by Abba sing along and dance in the Sky lounge!! Can't wait. Let you know how that goes. During the day, mostly bingo, trivia and a few enrichment lectures. By the pool, volleyball and some live music..all the regulars. Sea monkeys will be in the Sky lounge from 10:45 until late...let you know how late!!

If you haven't booked yet and are considering different ships, I would suggest going on Equinox. Current CD is Alejandro. Probably the most energetic and hardworking CD we have seen. He is constantly asking for feedback from guests and is everywhere...wonder when he sleeps. Given a chance, we would cruise with him again. If not, well you are on a cruise..and how bad can it be? We always seem to find some positives. Have a good day!

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully Mr. Jenkins will step up his game by the time we cruise (2 weeks - yeaaa!)

But - we don't cruise to meet CDs so all is good :0

The entertainment was excellent in the theatre on the last sailing, the three show productions were good for a cruise ship. Big Dog Drew and his orchestra were FANTASTIC! Tom the Irish singer in the productions is the best of all of them. I too have seen many shows in the west end but don't think it is fair to compare them really.

Only one evening show was lacking and we and many others left and that was on the last night Sonic Eve, three women from Canada and it was awful, so cheesy and what cruise ship entertainment used to be. Oh the magician wasn't very good but he still raised a few laughs.

The only other thing that was not so great was the heavily accented singing from the house band female singer in the foyer, we used to joke that the girl singing was a housekeeper who had chucked the real singer overboard to get her job. We were not the only ones commenting.

CD (who is Welsh not English) had a dry sense of humour, not the best out there but he was OK.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

The entertainment was excellent in the theatre on the last sailing, the three show productions were good for a cruise ship. Big Dog Drew and his orchestra were FANTASTIC! Tom the Irish singer in the productions is the best of all of them. I too have seen many shows in the west end but don't think it is fair to compare them really.

Only one evening show was lacking and we and many others left and that was on the last night Sonic Eve, three women from Canada and it was awful, so cheesy and what cruise ship entertainment used to be. Oh the magician wasn't very good but he still raised a few laughs.

The only other thing that was not so great was the heavily accented singing from the house band female singer in the foyer, we used to joke that the girl singing was a housekeeper who had chucked the real singer overboard to get her job. We were not the only ones commenting.

CD (who is Welsh not English) had a dry sense of humour, not the best out there but he was OK.

Thanks for the info!

We will definitely have to be on the lookout for the house band female singer so we can continue the "mystery at sea!"

Actually, coming up with scenarios for interesting folks we see is a favorite past time :D

We sail in 11 days!!!!

hello all

well we board mid Feb...so lets hope if he is giving Sue a 3 month break the current CD will be off by the time we board !

We just spent 3 weeks on Reflections...and for the first time was really disappointed in the entertainment. Gone are the Las Vegas Cirque du soleil type. I spoke to the CD on that ship and he said Celebrity is trying something new...too many complaints that people kept seeing the same shows all the time. So they have gone to more in house shows that they can control and change yearly !!!Calibre is very bad though...so all they will have accomplished is bad rap for entertainment. I am sure it is a cost costing thing.

Why can't they just leave well enough alone !!!!

I would rather sit through their old shows for the next 3-5 years then watch the new ones. WE also walked out on 2 or 3 of the new shows on Reflections.

We did enjoy the house band...and the guest entertainers ..it was the in house shows we did not like at all.yes we had fun at the silent disco !!!

Please keep us posted with your updates- appreciate your time ! Brockmom

We missed Sonic Eve :)). Most last night shows have been underwhelming in the past and decided to spend the evening with new friends. We enjoyed Rock City, last of the production shows. Had a lot of fun at the Abba tribute in the Sky lounge, dancing and singing.

Totally agree about Big Town in the foyer, when they were by the pool, we left, when in foyer, we left....maybe should go back to housekeeping. On the other hand, do look for the Sea Monkeys, really good and enjoyable!. All in all an okay cruise.

CD is Welsh, held a talk Wales, not Whales!! I am guessing that Sue Denning had reserved most of the entertainment as he came onboard same day that we did. But we never saw him aside from introducing the shows. I have found that CD is extremely important in the overall enjoyment of the cruise as their energy is reflected in all activities group. He is certainly low, low energy..think bingo!

Orchestra is fabulous, enjoyed every minute. As for the singers and dancers, a slight change from two male leads and two female leads formula. This group had three male singers, three female and 8 dancers. Maybe because of new production shows. Hope that this helps, have fun!

We enjoyed Eddie Jenkins very much.....his sense of humour is very dry so he is not in your face funny.

We did not see the production show Topper (didn't hear good things about it) but did see Chandelier....ended up leaving part way through, just couldn't take it. Did a backstage tour which was very interesting....the 2 cast members leading it kind of mentioned that it hadn't been enthusiastically received. All in all I would say the entertainment was pretty good for a cruise ship, something for everyone. We really enjoyed John Bressler, Jesse Hamilton, Rondel Sheridan and Gareth Oliver. One thing that really bugged us was the stateroom 'entertainment'. We have been on 4 cruise lines and have never seen such a poor selection of movies available for free....we weren't willing to pay $14.99 a pop for pay per view second rate offerings. I complained to guest services and was told 'it's just like a hotel'. Really?????