Summit

pateng

I am sailing on the summit for the first time next May and have reserved one of the Veranda cabins on the bump out section (cabin 7178) with a bigger balcony. Currently, I can upgrade to a concierge cabin on the side towards the aft (e.g., cabin 8173) for around $20 total. For those whom have sailed on the Summit in either category, is this a worthwhile trade (I realize that the concierge cabin is a bit bigger and provides afternoon snacks) as I specifically took the bump out veranda for the bigger balcony?

I would keep the bigger balcony as the perks of concierge aren't really enough to make the change IMO. I was in concierge last March on the Summit and other than the 1st day didn't have the afternoon canapes and didn't drink the sparkling wine provided. My nieces ate the fruit daily but you can get that at the buffet if you want that.

I am sailing on the summit for the first time next May and have reserved one of the Veranda cabins on the bump out section (cabin 7178) with a bigger balcony. Currently, I can upgrade to a concierge cabin on the side towards the aft (e.g., cabin 8173) for around $20 total. For those whom have sailed on the Summit in either category, is this a worthwhile trade (I realize that the concierge cabin is a bit bigger and provides afternoon snacks) as I specifically took the bump out veranda for the bigger balcony?

If you need more CC points and embarcation lunch, you can consider concierge

I'm just off the Summit (October 16) and had aft concierge cabin 8185. I would stay with the bump cabin, unless you can get an aft cabin with an even bigger balcony! Concierge level is nice, embarkation day lunch in the MDR, and aft balcony to kill for! The wine and canapes are not worth $20....I take concierge for the points, the upper deck, (although deck 8 can be a little noisy in late afternoon if you're on the balcony) and the lunch because I would rather bring my own lunch than go to the buffet. :D

'm just off the Summit (October 16) and had aft concierge cabin 8185. I would stay with the bump cabin, unless you can get an aft cabin with an even bigger balcony! Concierge level is nice, embarkation day lunch in the MDR, and aft balcony to kill for! The wine and canapes are not worth $20....I take concierge for the points, the upper deck, (although deck 8 can be a little noisy in late afternoon if you're on the balcony) and the lunch because I would rather bring my own lunch than go to the buffet.

I would definitely take one of the aft concierge cabins but currently the only one available is on deck 9 under the bar/restaurant. If one opens up on decks 7 or 8, I will grab it.