Is 1-Hour Buffer enough time to get back to ship?

lifeasme123

I am looking at the catamaran snorkel excursion. Our ship is scheduled to dock 7am-4pm. The excursion is from 10am-3pm. Question I have is this:

Will that one hour buffer (3-4pm) is cutting too close? I do not know how big Barbados is. Traffic? Road condition? etc.

There is a ship excursion, but I worry about the number of people. In the past, 95% of the time we have hired independent tour operators.

TIA!

Edited by jen70

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking at the catamaran snorkel excursion. Our ship is scheduled to dock 7am-4pm. The excursion is from 10am-3pm. Question I have is this:

Will that one hour buffer (3-4pm) is cutting too close? I do not know how big Barbados is. Traffic? Road condition? etc.

There is a ship excursion, but I worry about the number of people. In the past, 95% of the time we have hired independent tour operators.

TIA!

Hi, I think we are on the same cruise and I have thought about the same thing as you. Our excursion is from 9:30 to 2:30 on Calabazza. They are picking us up at 9:00 and have another group after us that starts at 3:00. They have to prepare for the next group and should have us off the catamaran as scheduled. It should take less than 1/2 hour to travel to the boat and back to the ship. I read on Trip Advisor that the catamaran is minutes away. There is a bit of a walk from the terminal to the ship. They have buses at the terminal that will drive you to and from the ship.

You might try and contact another catamaran company that you think has better timing. Calabazza was fully booked when I tried to book. I sent them an e-mail and they had a cancellation.