Scuba Diving Bermuda

scubamommy!

Hi all, heading to Bermuda for Spring. My husband and I have been on to many dives to count around the world, however our two teens are being certified now so they can dive with us in Bermuda. Never been to Bermuda. I searched the threads and can only find info on the beginner Scuba dives in Bermuda. Can someone recommend the best diving for off a boat? Any shipwreck dives not to very deep? Since the kids will be new to this I think they would enjoy something like that. Although I am sure they will enjoy any dives! Thanks in advance for any advice.

I used Blue Water Divers. I thought they were outstanding, pick up and return to ship pier. 2 tank AM dive both wrecks. If I can remember the deepest I went was 37', but they different sites each day. From what I understand because of the barriers most wrecks and not that deep. Enjoy Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been twice, first time dove two wrecks about 40' one was a schooner you could see all the ballast stone in neat rows on the ocean floor, second dive was a steam ship that you could still make out the boiler after all these years, couple of entry level pass through as well as abundant sea life.

that was thru fantasea diving, four years later dove with them again, while getting my gear ready leaving the dock the dive master noticed my "fantasea" mask strap and asked how I got it.

After explaining my two dives from four years ago with them he yelled up to the captain and changed to two different dive sights as they were going to the ones I had already dove lol

Good gear, great people, can't say enough good about them. But am certain most are equally as good on the island. Enjoy diving with your sons !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echo the good words about Fantasea, we dove there October 31st. Couldn't have asked for better conditions, it was calm and for the end of October it wasn't at all what I was expecting which was really nice. I believe they were closing down for the dive season after this.

There was only six of us plus the DM, first dive was on the Sea Venture which was a scuttled ship at 80', the second dive was on a shallow circular wall of coral. The visibility on both dives was not to Coz standards but it was enjoyable.

Had to use rented gear since we were on the Vista T/A and couldn't bring my own gear. It worked OK but since it was new to me had some problems, especially with the weight belt. I am so used to integrated pockets that belts give me fits and I'm afraid I'm spoiled.

Check in is at the little building as you come off either of the piers, you can only go one way towards the dockyard and it's on the left side, says Water Sports or similar. Had a good day and would certainly go with them again.

• 2 weeks later...
I used Blue Water Divers. I thought they were outstanding, pick up and return to ship pier. 2 tank AM dive both wrecks. If I can remember the deepest I went was 37', but they different sites each day. From what I understand because of the barriers most wrecks and not that deep. Enjoy Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have dove with BWD many times and have always taken a taxi to and from. How did you get transportation from them? I know the last couple times we went a new owner had taken over. Seemed like everyone else used taxis too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Thanks everyone! I 'll look into both of those! Fantasea sounds awesome!

I just dove w/ Fantasea Oct. 18th, the week following the Hurricane. Nice dive boat, located on the same pier where ships tie up. Seamless operation. We did two dives 35' & 30' both wrecks about five miles off shore. Visibility was fair for hurricane season. Did it Bucket list item ~ but, it's not the Caribbean.