First night dining question (7 day Magic)

Raisinette

Hello,

I always choose late dining, and when I last cruised on Carnival (2013), I recall that on the first night of the cruise you could go to the dining room at any time over the dinner service timeframe. You did not have to stick with your assigned early/late dining time.

Is this still true?

Thanks!

Hello,

I always choose late dining, and when I last cruised on Carnival (2013), I recall that on the first night of the cruise you could go to the dining room at any time over the dinner service timeframe. You did not have to stick with your assigned early/late dining time.

Is this still true?

Thanks!

I doubt that.....We always go at our assigned time. I would imagine that only holds true for anytime dining.

Hello,

Is this still true?

Thanks!

That's never been my experience any time cruising Carnival in the last decade. Many people will skip their early dining slot if they are still enjoying sailaway, but you cannot just join YTD (which was only added in the past few years).

The last time I was on Carnival, which was 2012 mind you, the first night pretty much was YTD for everyone. We did show up at our assigned time, but they were just seating everyone as they came in. Whether it was because they were late to port, or had something going on, not sure. Come to think of it, I believe we did have muster right at 6pm, which was the start of dining so that may have been the reason. Second night we were in our assigned spots during our assigned time with our assigned table mates. This may be the exception and not the norm as many others already said they have a regular dining experience the 1st night.

Thanks for all the feedback. 4 of my 5 Carnival cruises were all out of San Juan, and as mentioned had late sailing - so maybe that's why I'm remembering open seating the first night.

I'll follow my assigned seating for the first night of my upcoming Magic cruise!

Happy travels to all!