Anyone just returned from Dawn Princess Alaska Cruise???

JackN

My wife and I are taking this cruise on Monday the 24th.

Any advice, high or lowlights would be appreciated.

We are still curious as to the onboard interior ship temperatures. Do you need long sleeve shirts or will short sleeve do?

Also we have planned the following excursions:

City tour in Ketchikan though ship. It looks like you could walk to all the sites on the tour, but my Dad is going with us (he's 76) and can't walk more than a half mile at a time.

Juneau: Northstar Treking Helicopter and Galcier tour.(Independent).

Skagway: White Pass railroad in AM (through ship).

Any other tours anyone would reccomend or any comments on the above? We expect to explore the ports the rest of the time we are in port.

This is our 7th cruise, but first to a cold/cool weather destination. We are also taking a six-day Princess land tour (Copper River/Fairbanks/Denali/Mt/ Mckinley) after our cruise so we have time to do some other excursions at that time.

Thank you all in advance for what I know will again be very helpful advice.

Jack in South Bend

Song of America '93
Monarch '96
Legend '97
Sun Princess '98
Voyager '00
Millennium '03

I did an Alaskan cruise last year on the Dawn. Temps inside are very comfortable so wearing short sleeves would be fine. I went with my 80 year old Grandfather so we based all of our excursions on him. Ketchikan we did a tour that went to a hatchery/eagle viewing and Totem Bright State Park. It was a bus tour and we only had to get off the bus 3 times (incuding to finish the tour). Juneau we did Glacier Gardens and another that went to Mendenhall Glacier, The State Museum, and yet another Hatchery (not that much walking on either tour).
Skagway we did the White Pass Railroad and I highly recomend it!
We started in Fairbanks going to Denali then Anchorage then to the ship. See the Dinner show in Denali if your staying at Denali Wilderness Lodge. Take a foat trip also in Denali (not for you Dad). Fairbanks all of the excursions were EXCELENT! I will do this cruisetour again.
By the way take mesquito repellent!! You'll need it in Fairbanks. Sorry for any spelling mistakes! If you want to see any of my photos from that cruise go to [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/prophotogal"]http://community.webshots.com/user/prophotogal[/url]
I've got an album of them labeled Alaska Cruise.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Caribbean Princess here I come!

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often!
Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse!

~ Heather ~ ºoº

Archived