Signing up for the Ultimate Dining Package

MarinaDCA

Hi all :)

We are on the Reflection on Dec 10th out of Miami.

We have never been to this port or on this ship so I have no idea about what the layout will be.

I really want to sign up for the Ultimate Dining Package and I know these are very limited.

Will there be a place right after I board the ship where I will be able to arrange to get this package?

What is the likelihood of being able to get it? And if I do get it should I reserve dinner ahead of time?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you! :)

We have never been to this port or on this ship so I have no idea about what the layout will be.

I really want to sign up for the Ultimate Dining Package and I know thee are very limited.

Will there be a place right after I board the ship where I will be able to arrange to get this package?

What is the likelihood of being able to get it? And if I do get it should I reserve dinner ahead of time?

On our last cruise, Eclipse, last January, I asked one of the guys trying to sell reservations to the specialty restaurants about how limited the Ultimate package was really. At the time, we were booked in AQ and I told him that in December we were planning to travel with a standard balcony and purchase the ultimate dining package. He told me that it wasn't at all limited.

I've seen the same postings that you've seen that these packages are limited by how many reservations have been pre booked. But I've never heard of anyone being turned away when they wanted to book the package. And on every sailing I've even been on, there are always a bunch of people trying to get us to book a reservation in the specialty restaurants. So, relax. There will be someone as you board the ship who will be trying to get you to book a specialty restaurant reservation. And that person will most probably be very happy to sell you an ultimate dining package.

You will love the Reflection!

I really want to sign up for the Ultimate Dining Package and I know these are very limited.

There will be a couple different places where they have a table set up selling the diff packages, mainly outside the Oceanview buffet. We always go to one of the specialty restaurant's and sign up there to stay out of the hustle and bustle.

You can not purchase it pre cruise, only on board, they keep seats open for the sale of these pkg's, no worry about needing to pre-book.

The only question to be sorry for is the one you don't ask! :D

Get ready for a wonderful on ship product.

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to Celebrity.

What and how much is ultimate dining?

Ultimate dining is lunch + dinner at specialty restaurants. Charge was $29 per person per day for entire cruise, available at boarding until capacity reached. You have choice of restaurants, reservation times permitting.

We just booked pre-cruise a 5-dinner pkg for Reflection at $125 pp but the number of visits is specified to the different restaurants, no switching.

On Reflection, our fav is Lawn Club Grill - think high end outdoor cookout. GOOD LUCK

My group has enjoyed the ultimate dining package several times and love it on the "S" class ships with all the dining options. We've always gotten on the ship early and been lucky to find a desk right away to book the package.

We' do our planning in advance, so we know what nights we want to reserve certain restaurants so we've always made our reservations right away for each night of the cruise. That way we get the day and time we want.

I currently have 3 Celebrity cruises booked, the first one in January, and find it odd they are not offering any of the dining packages on their website in advance as they've done in the past. On each of my cruises "My Celebrity" shows I can book individual restaurants at full price, but no packages. I'm wondering if they've changed policy and they will only offer them when we board.

On the Eclipse aren't there 3 specialty restaurants? So this package would allow you to eat lunch and dinner at these 3 restaurants?

On Reflection don't forget the Porch. Ate there every afternoon. Seafood tower lobster and shrimp. My kind of lunch

I won't repeat the answers to questions that have already been provided. There will be a table to make dinner reservations as soon as you get onboard the ship. If for some reason you can't find anyone there, just head to the MDR or Murano and someone can help you there. They will ask you to make your reservations when you make the booking, but we had no trouble adjusting restaurants or dining times during our cruise. The Reflection has the most restaurants, so it's a great ship for the Ultimate Dining Package. One suggestion, make reservations for lunch at the Porch on sea days as soon as you board. We went there on day 1 and had no trouble being seated, so thought we could do that whenever, but then couldn't get in for the rest of the cruise because all the reservations were taken.

Edited by kathynorth

What most people ignore is that there is usually/often a specialty restaurant desk next to the suite check-in desk before the introduction of Luminae. I am not sure if it still is. It is worth checking out because that would be the earliest that you could sign-up for the Ultimate Dining Package. You need to have your SeaPass but you can purchase before boarding starts.

Before Luminae, I would check-in and my husband purchase the package in parallel and I would hand him the card as soon as allocated.

Thank you both for answering my questions :)

I am very much looking forward to exploring the ship and eating everything!

Very Welcome!

FYI, this is Stone Crab season in Florida, they are wonderful! If ya'll are going in a day before have dinner at someplace that servers them.

IMG_0190.jpg.f55343a26286570c9b551bab105ea46e.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg.f0290099d5c8b26c25c6c704acfb40cf.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg.12a79863020c77e229519b33ffb37ca9.jpg

I won't repeat the answers to questions that have already been provided. There will be a table to make dinner reservations as soon as you get onboard the ship. If for some reason you can't find anyone there, just head to the MDR or Murano and someone can help you there. They will ask you to make your reservations when you make the booking, but we had no trouble adjusting restaurants or dining times during our cruise. The Reflection has the most restaurants, so it's a great ship for the Ultimate Dining Package. One suggestion, make reservations for lunch at the Porch on sea days as soon as you board. We went there on day 1 and had no trouble being seated, so thought we could do that whenever, but then couldn't get in for the rest of the cruise because all the reservations were taken.

Thank you so much Kathy! This is very useful info for me. I am a planner so that idea suits me just fine :)

Very Welcome!

FYI, this is Stone Crab season in Florida, they are wonderful! If ya'll are going in a day before have dinner at someplace that servers them.

Those pictures are making me drool! We will need to find some snow crab for dinner the night before when we get in!

What most people ignore is that there is usually/often a specialty restaurant desk next to the suite check-in desk before the introduction of Luminae. I am not sure if it still is. It is worth checking out because that would be the earliest that you could sign-up for the Ultimate Dining Package. You need to have your SeaPass but you can purchase before boarding starts.

Before Luminae, I would check-in and my husband purchase the package in parallel and I would hand him the card as soon as allocated.

I will need to look for this! Thank you :)