Christmas Day

excited-much

Morning all ,

WE are going on the Azura - CarribeanDecember 2017( our 1st P&O cruise) , just wondered what Christmas Day was like onboard ? We have 10 year old twins with us ..... can anyone help

Thank you

Edited by excited-much

We've done the Christmas cruises for some years and love them, although we don't tend to be involved in the Xmas day events and prefer to read on our balcony. As no one has yet replied to you, I'll try to help out a little.

There will be Santa of course got the younger guests and a carol service although this may be late on xmas eve. The evening will be formal attire and a Christmas menu. Decorations abound around the ship and I'm sure there will be Christmas themed events around the ship but sorry I can't be more specific about these.

It will be a nice day though you can count on that. Oh and P&O leave a gift in the cabin for all. One year was Chocolates and a bag and another year was P&O Monopoly which I thought was great but others had a different opinion.

Have a great time in your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by HomelessBear

We were on Britannia last Christmas (also our first P&O cruise) and it was very 'Christmassy'. I am guessing Azura will be similar.

On Christmas Eve there was a deck party where we were looking for Santa. The captain came over the tannoy to say he had spotted him on his radar and he eventually landed on the ship by the funnel! The captain really built it up and it was a great fun evening (I don't have young children but we still enjoyed it).

There was singing by the children from the kids club in the foyer on Christmas Eve, midnight mass, lessons and carols with the Captain on Christmas morning, a Christmas fair on deck in the afternoon (think school summer fete type games) where Santa gave out gifts, Christmas dinner formal night and a special Christmas themed show in the theatre. Lots of people had Christmas clothes/ tshirts which they wore on Christmas Day which was fun.

Some larger family groups had taken games/quizzes which they were playing by the pool in the afternoon. We took small charades type games - the sort of thing we would be doing at home. You can join in as much or as little as you want (with 10 year olds I suspect a lot!).

You will love it. Went Christmas 2013 with a 13 year old and an 8 year old with some reservations. However p and o went all out too make it as special as they could. Christmas eve with the sailaway party with santa by the funnell. Nativity in the morning. Christmas film after it. Santa in his grotto giving gifts out. Loads of kids activities in the reef. Pantomime in the afternoon. Carol service by the crew before dinner. Your family will love it