Nov 5th Liberty sailing itinerary changed

hott_michelle2001

Actually my husband and i love progresso & its one of our faves lol. But we shall make the best of it...

I just got an email.....

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

NOVEMBER 5, 2016

October 31, 2016

Dear Carnival Liberty Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you next week and want to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information regarding our itinerary and embarkation plans for your upcoming sailing.

Carnival Liberty has experienced a technical issue which is only affecting the ship's maximum cruising speed. Repairs are underway however, based on our technical assessment, it will take some time to complete the work. Therefore, until the repairs have been completed, we have modified our arrival and departure times, as well as our scheduled itinerary.

The ship will be arriving late into port on November 5th and since we will be busy saying good bye to our guests from the previous cruise, check-in will take place from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. We will sail shortly after the safety briefing has been conducted. Unfortunately, we will be forced to cancel our call to Progreso. We know how much you were looking forward to this port and sincerely apologize for this change.

Below is our revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

SAT Galveston, TX 4:00 PM 11:00 PM

SUN Fun Day at Sea

MON Fun Day at Sea

TUE Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

WED Fun Day at Sea

THU Galveston, TX 4:00 PM

Given the overall impact to your cruise, we will be providing guests who sail with us a $50 per person credit to your Sail and Sign account. We would also like to invite you on another 2-5 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% discount* to your next reservation.

Additionally, a refund of any taxes, fees, and port expenses and pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Progreso will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account.

Please note that we are returning to Galveston at 4:00 PM on Saturday, November 10, 2016. We kindly ask that you make the necessary changes to your travel plans given the new arrival time. Carnival will reimburse guests with independent air for any change fees they may incur. Please submit supporting documentation to guestcare@carnival.com.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected change has had on your cruise. Should you wish to cancel or reschedule, you may do so with a full refund of your cruise fare and associated airline change fees by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

Finally, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL2 to CRUISE (278473) to receive any last minute updates.

We want to extend our sincere apologies once again for this change and thank you for your understanding.

Edited by hott_michelle2001

This is what I told a fellow cruiser a moment ago :) I did enjoy Chichen Itza when we were in Progresso in 2012, but decided that a tour such as that deserves more time than allotted while in port.

I hope anyone who was looking forward to their excursion is understanding and has fun on the extra sea day. I know I will!

You are missing nothing if you miss Progresso.....unless you were planning on going to like Uxmal or Chichen Iza. Never been a fan of that port.

This is what I told a fellow cruiser a moment ago :) I did enjoy Chichen Itza when we were in Progresso in 2012, but decided that a tour such as that deserves more time than allotted while in port.

I hope anyone who was looking forward to their excursion is understanding and has fun on the extra sea day. I know I will!

Michelle, us and 3 other couples on board with you and yours.....monitoring this situation closely and hoping it just keeps everything as is and they don't have a bigger problem or pull the plug for Dry dock sooner than Dec. I wanted to go to Progreso but xtra day at sea is OK with me......I hoped we could stay at Cozumel a bit longer.......patience will be a needed virtue for embarkatation and debarkation for all involved.....I have been in late due to fog, but never mechanical.

I hear you! We were looking forward to trying out the staggered check in times. Also we're looking forward to Progresso but hey what do you do it's still a vacation. And like you I'm hoping they just don't run into any more problems that make it worse fingers crossed they get it fixed and surprise us but I'm not holding my breath.

In truth we were kind of waiting for this to happen when we saw that they were having mechanical issues. We were on a sailing a few weeks after the triumph had a fire and got stuck out at sea and that Cruise got canceled so we had a feeling this may happen.

I don't understand the "The ship will be arriving late into port on November 5th and since we will be busy saying good bye to our guests from the previous cruise, check-in will take place from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM." statement. I thought this current cruise was cancelled.

The email was sent before the current cruise had to be cancelled.

I would expect we will see a new update or new email about boarding times now that the last cruise was cancelled. I am sure they are working like ants to fix the problem, costing them port time, passengers off the last cruise and all sorts of other stuff. It will be an interesting next 48 hours to see how this goes down. Interestingly enough the Carnival website still has NOV 5th cruise on website selling sailings and 2 stops listed (progreso and Cozumel) I hope for all of us on the Nov 5th cruise they get it fixed or fixed well enough to sail and it will not effect any other cruisers and plans. Hopefully they can make it work until Drydock in Dec. Nerve wracking for a lot of folks and ones who have to fly I am sure are freaking out.......but any day of cruising is better than working, as long as we are under power not drifting.......

Yes, we are sitting at home nervously waiting with baited breath...we are on the Nov. 26 sailing....the last before drydock. :confused: Only praying that they get this issued resolved to carry the Liberty thru to it's Dec 1 drydock date. We have airfare, prepaid hotels, transfers, excursions booked plus an extended vacation after the cruise in Texas....which entails more airfare, hotels and lots of out of pocket prepaid expenses. Could be a disaster for us if CCL cancels......fingers crossed!!!

Up to now, CCL refuses to release any info, or release us without penalty to rebook something else....just hope that they don't wait til the week OF the cruise to advise, when it is too late to make meaningful changes! Could be financially disasterous to some of their pax!!

Edited by buddylover

Yes, we are sitting at home nervously waiting with baited breath...we are on the Nov. 26 sailing....the last before drydock. :confused: Only praying that they get this issued resolved to carry the Liberty thru to it's Dec 1 drydock date. We have airfare, prepaid hotels, transfers, excursions booked plus an extended vacation after the cruise in Texas....which entails more airfare, hotels and lots of out of pocket prepaid expenses. Could be a disaster for us if CCL cancels......fingers crossed!!!

Up to now, CCL refuses to release any info, or release us without penalty to rebook something else....just hope that they don't wait til the week OF the cruise to advise, when it is too late to make meaningful changes! Could be financially disasterous to some of their pax!!

You should not wait one second longer to get travel insurance.