Question about bid/upgrade and Haven

SmarkVacation

I was looking at this thread and didn't want to clutter it with non-bid chatter, so I'm starting a second thread. I couldn't find this exact info with some searching, so...

We're looking at submitting bids for an upgrade to haven for our upcoming cruise, but it's a bit confusing. We have the UBP currently on our booking, and we understand that we don't gain any additional promos should the bid go through. However, the room descriptions for haven rooms say:

The Haven also includes free open bar, specialty dining package, pre-paid service charges, and free WiFi.

Are those amenities included with the haven? (IE you'd get them anyways?) or are they considered a promo and would not be included? I know this is a pretty new program, but we're hoping someone's gone through it and would know. Thanks!!

Unless something has changed, those amenities are not automatically included with the Haven. They are the promos offered if you book a Haven suite.

So, in your case, because you are upselling, you would get the promos you got with your originally booking. Somebody choosing to book a Haven suite as an original booking would get those promos.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Unless something has changed, those amenities are not automatically included with the Haven. They are the promos offered if you book a Haven suite.

I think that's where we're getting confused. The current promo has five items listed for haven guests, but the haven room description doesn't show all five - so we didn't know if what is listed on the room description was something already included all of the time.

Likewise, the room descriptions for standard types (balcony, etc) do not include verbage of "includes two of the following: free open bar, specialty dining package, pre-paid service charges, and free WiFi", so we didn't know if the room descriptions always reflect promos or not.

I suppose we'll find out one way or the other!

Original Haven bookings get whatever promos are offered at the time. If 3rd and 4th free is available for that particular cruise, it is included. If not, it is not included.

Other bookings that up-sell to the Haven keep whatever promos were from the original booking.

In the thread that the OP linked to, one person went from a H7 to a H3. That person had all of the promos included since the original booking was a Haven suite (H7).

The next person went from a BX to H3 and received no promos.

Likewise, the room descriptions for standard types (balcony, etc) do not include verbage of "includes two of the following:...
It currently reads "Oceanview and Above Choose 2 or More". That can change depending on the terms at the time.

Select One Offer - Studios & Insides

Choose Two Offers - Oceanviews, Balconies & Mini-Suites

Receive All Five Offers - Haven & Suites

Excluded on IX, OX, BX & MX categories

Edited by Two Wheels Only

When you Upsell, you keep whatever (if any) promotions you chose before you won the bid. So if you chose a BX and got no perks, you will still have none if you win the bid. If you had 2 perks, you'll still have 2, but will get to enjoy The Haven. All 5 perks are for those who paid retail price for the suite. It's really not as complicated as you're trying to make it, and I'm pretty sure somewhere in the upgrade advantage email it discusses this.

When you Upsell, you keep whatever (if any) promotions you chose before you won the bid. So if you chose a BX and got no perks, you will still have none if you win the bid. If you had 2 perks, you'll still have 2, but will get to enjoy The Haven. All 5 perks are for those who paid retail price for the suite. It's really not as complicated as you're trying to make it, and I'm pretty sure somewhere in the upgrade advantage email it discusses this.

I would upgrade out of a BX category to regular balcony so I would get the perks then I would put a bid in for the Haven.

Depending what ship your on and when your sailing if your going in season you more than likely be spending quite a bit to bid on the haven not $1000 for 2 like back in the day.