My Week on the Liberty of the Seas 10-23-2016 to 10-30-2016

jemsjens

My week on the Liberty:

Embarkation only had one Hitch. We have a Schwinn Stroller it would not fit through an X-Ray Machine. Security would not listen and the result was our stroller being wedged into the X-ray Machine. 10 minutes to un-wedge the stroller. The rest of the day went smoothly.

Our Room attendant was Winston he did an outstanding job.

We had my time dining, after the first night we requested Mark Anthony and his staff for the rest of the cruise, they were great with our 3 year old Granddaughter.

I have been cruising since I was 11 years old (1972). I have seen many changes in the cruise industry; Dinner use to be a looked forward to Event because everyone ate in the same dining room. The specialty dining venue did not exist and all meals were a specialty.

The food in the LOS main dining room was good but nothing spectacular, it was not WOW. The strip steak was tender but tasted old. My husband order a Port House Steak from Chops one night it was tender but no taste, 57 did not really help, for an extra $19.00 I would expect WOW.

I will say this upfront I do not do buffets at home and I have name cruise ship buffets the “Cattle Call Café”. I don’t like everyone pawing through the foods. I ate at the “CCC” for lunch on the first day and one breakfast due to the dining room being close, nothing to wright home about.

My husband, granddaughter or I did not do any excursion but my Son and Daughter in Law did the Shark and Sting ray encounter in Belize and loved it. We got off the ship in Raton walked around a little. We got back on the ship and again told security the stroller would in fit in X-Ray Machine; it tool 4 men to un-wedge it and about 20 minutes, thank goodness it was not at peak boarding time. They listened in Cozumel.

Our Granddaughter loved the Splash Away Bay, I liked that there were at least 3 crew members monitoring it when it was open. She went to Royal Tots to play a few hours a day and the staff was great.

I found the Royal Promenade at times like a Fairway at a State Fair instead of honking “Throw the ring on the bottle” it was buy a watch, diamond ring, wine, guess the weight of the statue and so on. It got nerve racking at times.

I liked the production shows they were entertaining.

We had a great week on the LOS and have booked again next year.