NCL escape balcony question

Where are the angled balcony cabin located? Are they good?

When looking at the deck-plan for Escape, the angled balconies are located at the parts of the ship that get wider/more narrow. The have a triangle-ish shape added to the standard rectangular shape of the balcony.

If looking at the deck-plan for deck 14 (for example) the angled balconies are 14176/14776, 14250/14850, 14268/14868, 14288/14888.

If looking at the picture below, the angled balconies are the ones that are shaped differently and are deeper on one side than on the other side....

IMG_1363_zpsky5ffzt5.jpg

Just off the Escape last week, we had 14176. Great cabin, bed by the balcony. Balcony already had a lounger, plus 2 chairs and the little table standard to all balcony cabins. We didn't end up using it as much as we thought we might, but it was nice to have the extra room and lounger. Would recommend if you can get it... :o

I stayed in an angled balcony while on the Getaway last year. LOVED it! I'm also booked in an angled balcony next year on the Escape (13252) and I'm sure that I will LOVE it. Lol. If you can snag an angled balcony, get it. You won't be disappointed.

We've twice stayed in angled on Escape. I highly recommend them. They are the exact same price as standard balconies, but quite a bit larger.

14268 (bed by balcony, which we don't like)

13870 (bed by closet, which we much prefer)

We definitely preferred the 13th deck over the 14th due to the large overhang that is above the balconies on deck 15. Being further below that gave a much better view of the sky and horizon.

I was in Balcony 14584 which was not an angled balcony. I wrote a review when I got back from my cruise in August. This cabin, the balcony was very small, I could not stretch my legs out without hitting the railing. It had 2 chairs and a small table and I asked the steward to take the table and 1 chair out, since I was solo, which gave me more room.

I found the cabin to be adequate but it was the smallest balcony cabin I have ever had. The bed touched both nightstands, there was small couch, very small closet and only 2 drawers for storage.

I loved the Escape and was probably one of my favorite cruises I have done this year.

I was in Balcony 14584 which was not an angled balcony. I wrote a review when I got back from my cruise in August. This cabin, the balcony was very small, I could not stretch my legs out without hitting the railing. It had 2 chairs and a small table and I asked the steward to take the table and 1 chair out, since I was solo, which gave me more room.

I found the cabin to be adequate but it was the smallest balcony cabin I have ever had. The bed touched both nightstands, there was small couch, very small closet and only 2 drawers for storage.

I loved the Escape and was probably one of my favorite cruises I have done this year.

Was this a balcony on Escape? If so, be glad you didn't sail in a standard balcony cabin on Getaway or Breakaway. The balcony size was increased for Escape, so you've not yet seen tiny! haha

Is the balcony in a M6 mini-suite larger than the angled balcony?

Absolutely. That is the large balcony category of mini-suite. The B6 balcony cabins also have larger balconies. (Same thing with M1 or B1). You are paying for larger balconies with those categories. The point of the angled balcony cabins is that they are the exact same price as standard balcony cabins but with a much larger balcony. However, you can certainly pay more for a larger balcony if you wish.

Edited by LrgPizza