The "SUITE" Life - Questions

ChuckL

I am having a devil of a time finding past passengers (usually the best representation)personal photos of a M-Class Royal Suite on line. Sure, there are a couple on the Celebrity.com website and on the online wholesalers, but they all seem to be the same bloody pic!! If anyone knows where I can find some pix of a RS to WOW my mom with, I would so grateful!

Its great to see the positive responses on this thread, and I know y'all wont let me down!

Thanks in advance!

Devin

Devin,

Take a look at http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

The site contains numerous photos of cabins and suites on all the Celebrity ships.

We were in a Royal suite and the connecting CC class room on the Infinity last May through the Panama Canal. 16 days of bliss:)

We had a 'party' and although I made my own invitations the butler delivered them for me. He also did a great job of pre-salting all the glasses for the Margaritas. :-) We had about 14 people (plus my 5) in the suite and it never felt crowded for our litttle get together.

Love the Jacuzzi and the deck. My family lived in the living room -- it was great to have lots of room to stretch out. We were a family of 5 -- 2 adults 3 kids and it was great to be able to be totaly comfortable and spread out. Everyone had a space to go to if they needed some privacy. Much needed when you have pre-teen and teen girls in tow;)

I have some pictures of the suite. Let me know your email and I'll direct you to them. It's hard to post them here because they are too large :mad:.

-sd

We were in a Royal suite and the connecting CC class room on the Infinity last May through the Panama Canal. 16 days of bliss:)

I have some pictures of the suite. Let me know your email and I'll direct you to them. It's hard to post them here because they are too large :mad:.

-sd

Thank you so much!!!! shoot the photos to Devin at Lussier dot com ! I really appreciate your help and photos of this Royal Suite!!

Devin

Vicki,

I've attempted three times to send you pictures but each time I receive a message that the email is undeliverable. Would you check and see if the address is correct? If it is, then I'm sorry but it won't go through unless you use another email address like yahoo.

Ok....Im stoked...we did it! We are booked for a Royal Suite (6141) aboard Infinity departing 2 April 2006 for 15 nights westbound Panama Canal!! WOO HOO!! Now I am sure I am going to be full of a zillion other questions, most of which I will try (I promise!) to find on here before asking. One I havent been able to find is about laundry service in a Royal Suite. Please PLEASE tell me it is included :confused: (I have a feeling I know the answer to this, but I can hope!) The second question I have is how large is the port facility at Ft. Lauderdale. There are 10 (!) ships all setting sail at around 5pm that day! Although stoked to see that many ships in one place at one time, it also means there will be approx 20 thousand (i shudder) excited, hyper and stressed out (remember, its the BEGINNING of their cruise!) people trying to get onto their respective ships. Be honest with me...do I need to drink major amounts of alcohol for breakfast to survive this onslaught of humanity?! Will I ever find a porter to get the luggage from the taxi to the ship? Are the check in facilities inside, or do they set up tents when they are really full of ships?!

And so it begins!! As always, thanks in advance!

Devin

:) Hi,Devin,

You lucky soul !!!!!

We're on that sailing as well ....but in a more modest stateroom, balcony on same deck ( I like midship....)

Yes, there will be approx 23,000+/- human bodies embarking that day....but the PortEverglades facilities are quite '' vast'' and all ships are not in the same '' terminal''building...of which there a quite a few.

Celebrity has a facility of its own ( 2 ships that day, Millie and Infinity).

Granted, 9 ships in one port is a lot....probably the most handled in FLL...but it's scattered and spreaded around.

The more pressing logistical problem will be the availability of enough longshoremen to handle all that luggage...As Celebrity is only debarking one ship that day ( Infinity arrives from drydock early a.m. and only has sub-contractors still on board to offload) it will be very smart to show up EARLY and endure that early line....still way ahead of the masses arriving from mid afternoon on.We're staying at the BestWestern near the port and will show up no later than 10.30am;;that ought to put us on board by noon-ish.....at which point we really don't care about activities in the various terminals anymore...!!!

There are no public laundromats on Celebrity, but your butler will be delighted to handle your laundry for you, same day or next day, your choice.

Save the '' major amounts of alcool'' for later, like at sailaway .....You'll enjoy them much better....besides, when you board, you're greeted by a glass of bubbly....and a whole bottle of it is awaiting for you in your suite...probably chilled already !!!

Sign up in the rollcall section of this forum;; I beleive there are close to 40 of us on that sailing....

Happy dreaming ( now that you've booked the thing, time to start dreaming about it !!!! ) Happy sailing

Congrats on an excellent choice

Cheers

CG

There are 10 (!) ships all setting sail at around 5pm that day! Although stoked to see that many ships in one place at one time, it also means there will be approx 20 thousand (i shudder) excited, hyper and stressed out (remember, its the BEGINNING of their cruise!) people trying to get onto their respective ships. Be honest with me...do I need to drink major amounts of alcohol for breakfast to survive this onslaught of humanity?!
The good news -- Celebrity's setup at Ft. Lauderdale will handle the volume without much pain.

The BAD news -- I'd hate to be anywhere near FLL airport that morning. Give some serious thought to going in a day early and grabbing a hotel -- one that will pick you up at the airport and will take you to the pier the next morning.

Laundry service is not free -- not even in the royal suite but it is same day service (for the same price as next day in the other cabins) We used it -- it really was just about the same price as our dry cleaners here in northern California. If I had to do it again -- I would probably bring my husband's suits unpressed... and then use the ship's laundry -- this way we wouldn't have to be Soooooo careful about the wrinkling when packing. Also I would pack less -- we also did the 15 night westbond Panama cruise (ended in San Fran). The evening cloths you can easier wear for multiple nights because you are only in them for a few hours.

Also in the suite you butler will rehang everyhing in your closet for you after it comes back from the laundry.

And I will email those royal suite pictures to the interested parties as soon as I get home -- I'm visiting relatives for the holiday so it'll have to wait until the middle of next week.

Also royal suite has LOTS of closet space -- a FULL walk in closet (very nice!)

If you like a particular kind of drink -- ask your butler to keep your room stocked with a pitcher of it. We had a pitcher of ice water and a pitcher of orange juice in our room at all times.

I also brought along lots of fun bath stuff so I could fully enjoy the two tubs -- Only thing I don't recommend is putting bubble bath in the outdoor jucuzzi while sailing at full speed:D It was quite a sight.... the bubbles wizzing off the balcony.... just flying.... (my 6 year old LOVED it!) I keep thinking... "Man, are we going to get in trouble for this...."

-s

Dear Suz, Canderson, and CG!

Thanks so much for your help and enthusiasm! As if I wasnt bouncing off the walls enough (which is scary and probaby a tad bit dangerous for a 38 year old man!) Everyones info has been just phenomenal.

When I was searching cruises last year and setteled on the Oosterdam, it was very much based upon the reviews and conversations I had with folks on here. The depth of the info on the Holland America boards was fantastic. I am still somewhat surprised that these boards dont have the amount of postings about Celebrity and its ships as HAL (yes, I know...more ships on HAL, but you know what I mean!) but I think its just that Celebrity fans just have better things to do :D !!

Looking forward to learning more about the cruise, the amenities aboard ship, photos that people have taken, and heck just about anything I can sponge off these boards! Again, many thanks for your help, your enthusiasm and your overall great attitude!

Devin

PS...trust me, there is no way we are gonna fly into FLL same day from the west coast...will burn another vacation day flying in the day before...just MUCH more sane!

D

Devin...........I think you explained that you had an S suite on the Oosterdam, and are trying to compare it to a Royal Suite on Celebrity. I am sorry to say, that there is NO comparison. My DW and I have only traveled 4 times on Celebrity, each time in a Royal Suite, and the only thing that can compare between the two is that each one has a door to the cabin, and an equal balcony. The Celebrity ship has been the Mercury. Have you ever tried to entertain someone in you bedroom? (OK put the sexual things aside here). Royal suites on Celebrity have a living room and a bedroom, both being seperate from the other. The living room area also has a dining area, and a bar area. On all of our trips we have had sit down meals in our cabin for up to 8 people, and cocktail parties for up to 30. The Captain has joined us, as well as other invited officers.

Our butler, and we have had 3 of them on different cruises, has always taken care of our needs. If only we could afford the same at home!!!!:)

Anyway, we are due back aboard the Mercury for Valentines day in a couple of months. We both look forward to having old friends with us and meeting new ones as well.

If Bobbie or I can answer any questions, we will be happy to try. Our next trip on the Mercury will be our 37th, and we know some that have over 150! To me, that's amazing!!!

Oh, by the way, our suite is the same one that we have enjoyed for the last 4 times. It almost feels like home!!!

Rick

Devin,

I took pictures of our Royal Suite on the Summit in July. We later had the same suite. If you email me at JudySSW@yahoo.com, I'll email you the pictures. A Royal Suite is a WOW!

Judy,

I received your pictures and they are just wonderful! Can't wait until we do our Alaska trip next July in a Royal Suite. :D

How wonderful! Im jealous as all get out that you are leaving this Sunday! How cool is that?!?!?! Enjoy yourselves and Ill look forward to your photos and report upon your return! You are so going to have a great time!

Devin!

Archived