Fun Shop Decoration Purchase BEFORE the rule change....

cruisinkelsey

I purchased a stateroom decoration package for my January cruise before Carnival instituted the new rules regarding decorations. I was just looking through the Fun Shops site again and realized my package has disappeared. All of the offerings are now completely different, not to mention much more expensive.

I haven't gotten any emails regarding the change to my purchase. I happened upon them by chance. Lucky I was once again wasting time on Carnival's site. Mock bookings, shopping... I can't stop! LOL

Is it safe to assume that they'll simply provide the new Bon Voyage decoration package, and I'll have just gotten it cheaper because I paid before the change?

I wondered that as well. I tried to call but was on hold for 30 minutes and decided --I will take my chances. Best case--- and hope is the new "stuff" since it is better than I bought prior to the change. AND-- I save $5 --Mine was a birthday package.

Maybe someone will have some insight.

We just returned from a cruise on the Freedom. My mom ordered birthday decorations for me before the price increase as well. Cabin was decorated with the new decorations but at the cheaper price she originally paid. Enjoy your savings and decorations!

You'll get decorations. Don't worry. Bring your initial email.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I ordered several things when they were cheap/on sale - several pairs of flip flops between two cabins, the ornaments, and t-shirts for my kids. By the time we sailed, all of those items were long gone from the fun shops site and we didn't get any of them. No notice ahead of time but there was a note in the cabin apologizing. Refunds were handled as a credit to my s&s card. I had to go to the candy shop to handle it.

The new room decorations look nicer and the packages are more expensive. BUT they also now include picture frames and a towel. No room decorations-only packages anymore. Prices start @ $40.

I purchased a stateroom decoration package for my January cruise before Carnival instituted the new rules regarding decorations. I was just looking through the Fun Shops site again and realized my package has disappeared. All of the offerings are now completely different, not to mention much more expensive.

I haven't gotten any emails regarding the change to my purchase. I happened upon them by chance. Lucky I was once again wasting time on Carnival's site. Mock bookings, shopping... I can't stop! LOL

Is it safe to assume that they'll simply provide the new Bon Voyage decoration package, and I'll have just gotten it cheaper because I paid before the change?

I/you wish! But we usually have a copy of the confirmation, just in case.

What are the new rules for decorations? Can I still decorate my door?

Directly from Carnivals FAQ:

In the interest of guest and crew safety, effective with cruises departing October 31, 2016 and onward, the following stateroom decoration policies will be instituted and strictly enforced:

Decorations may consist only of fire retardant materials. Please note that items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings

You may use magnets and Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue that may leave a residue

Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door

No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies

No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite

No string lights of any kind are allowed

For the safety of all guests and crew, any decorations not made of fire retardant material or deemed flammable, will be removed and no compensation will be provided.

Stateroom decorations purchased via our Fun Shops online are made of fire retardant materials. For more information, please visit*http://www.carnival.com/funshops if you are interested in making a purchase.

Yes, you will get the decorations that are currently offered.

For our August trip, I had ordered a bunch of stuff on sale - room decorations, teen package, family beach package, and a sweatshirt.

Even though they were out of the room decorations I purchases, they subbed in the new ones.

I was able to take a size smaller on the sweatshirt so they subbed in that one.

For the other 2 items, they were both out of stock. I was refunded my money to my credit card for those.

We just returned from a cruise on the Freedom. My mom ordered birthday decorations for me before the price increase as well. Cabin was decorated with the new decorations but at the cheaper price she originally paid. Enjoy your savings and decorations!

Thanks for the first hand confirmation!

Looking forward to surprising my best friend with them :)