Belize zoo

CruisingGiants

Does anyone happen to know of a tour that just goes to the Belize zoo? I've seen it's added on to quite a few other tours, but as we'll have our young kids with us we think the zoo is all we want to try for.

I read a taxi there is about 45 minutes...anyone happen to know how much that fare is? Could I prearrange it or would I just get a taxi in port?

I was hoping to find a bigger bus going that direction so we wouldn't have to worry about the car seats....but I realize that might be a tall order :rolleyes:

We're doing the beach in all the other ports so I was just hoping to add a little variety :)

I suggest using waytogotoursbelize.com , they have car seat available for kids and does small groups of no more than 12 guests. We always use them for our inland excursions in Belize and are always impressed by their service.

I rented a car and drove to the zoo. Very easy drive. Also, after you are done with the zoo you can drive around and see other things. I used Crystal Auto Belize twice. They will pick you up from the port and take you to their office. They even give you a local cell phone in case you need to call them.

The roads are fine. Belize city is not very big so even if you lose your way you should be able to find your way back to where you are going. Tell the rental car company where you want to go and they are very good about giving you directions. I brought my own map, but they also gave me a map and directions. Have a good trip