Public transport in fort Lauderale

Corklou

We had a room booked in Embassey suites for pre cruise night , but the bed bugs put me off , and as we are returning our van hire to the crowne plaza by four that day , I have reserved a room there , I understand that this hotel is the nearest one to the port and this area may be industrial area as compared to the 17 th street area . My questions are .

Is there public transport near to the crowne plaza that we can use to get around ?

What about water taxi , where can you get them and where do they take you ?

We are interested in doing some shopping in Macy's and I believe there is a maceys in Galleria Mall, is this far from our hotel ?

Last question what is the best port transfer /shuttle to get Sunday morning ?

There are six adults in our party and I appreciate any help

Allure of the seas , western Caribbean 27 th November

We had a room booked in Embassey suites for pre cruise night , but the bed bugs put me off , and as we are returning our van hire to the crowne plaza by four that day , I have reserved a room there , I understand that this hotel is the nearest one to the port and this area may be industrial area as compared to the 17 th street area . My questions are .

Is there public transport near to the crowne plaza that we can use to get around ?

What about water taxi , where can you get them and where do they take you ?

We are interested in doing some shopping in Macy's and I believe there is a maceys in Galleria Mall, is this far from our hotel ?

Last question what is the best port transfer /shuttle to get Sunday morning ?

There are six adults in our party and I appreciate any help

Allure of the seas , western Caribbean 27 th November

You are a very confused person and have everything all wrong.

1. The Crowne Plaza has just a good of chance of having bed bugs as does the Embassy Suites or any of the name brand hotels around the port.

2. The Crowne Plaza is nowhere near a Water Taxi Stop and they have a set route with set stops.

http://watertaxi.com/

2. It would be foolish, especially in the area around the Crowne Plaza, to turn in your rental vehicle and then try to rely on public transit.

3. The Galleria Mall is quite a distance from the Crowne Plaza and I couldn't even begin to tell you which bus to catch where then transfer to another bus...Again, it's foolish to turn in your rental vehicle early.

5. Which rental company are you using? There are several rental car companies that have free shuttles to the port, mostly from the 17th Street area and FLL. With 6 people it would be best if one or two people dropped the others and all the luggage off at the ship Sunday and then return the van to a location where they have a free shuttle back to the port. Again, which rental car company are you using?

6. Into where are you flying and when?

Your plan is all screwed up. You need a new plan.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Bed bugs do not spontaneously generate; they are brought in to hotels by the guests. You could just as easily find them in ANY hotel room, even if they weren't there the day before. You could also find them in your cruise ship cabin, your airline seat, or your rental car. Relax, and see if you can get your Embassy Suites reservation back, as it's much more conveniently located.

Bed bugs do not spontaneously generate; they are brought in to hotels by the guests. You could just as easily find them in ANY hotel room, even if they weren't there the day before. You could also find them in your cruise ship cabin, your airline seat, or your rental car. Relax, and see if you can get your Embassy Suites reservation back, as it's much more conveniently located.

And don't forget one place that people overlook...Theater seating.

I still have booking I will have to have meeting with my cruise partners and see what we decide , thanks

If Macy's in the Galleria is really important to you then perhaps you should look at the Gallery One Doubletree on Sunrise Blvd., which is practically next door to the Galleria Mall, has a Water Taxi stop and you can walk to the beach. The down side at Gallery One is you have to pay for parking unless you rent from a private owner of one of the units, which many times includes valet parking for one vehicle. Every room is either a one or two bedroom efficiency apartment with full kitchen. Private owners usually have a 2 or 3 day minimum stays, though, but I know one that owns three units and if she has the dates open three weeks out she will do one night stays. One way around paying for parking there is to park in the Galleria parking garage which is free. It's less than 200 meters from the hotel front doors.

I'm guessing you are renting the van from Hertz. I would suggest you rent from Budget, Thrifty, Avis, Alamo or Enterprise. All of those have free shuttles from their locations on or near the 17th Street area or from FLL. Again, drop off everyone and all the luggage at the port on Sunday, then return the van and ride the shuttle back to the port.

One hotel on 17th Street near the port entrance that is never mentioned on this board is Extended Stay America (free parking) and rarely mentioned is Holiday Inn Express (free parking) while the Hyatt Place on SE 10th Ave (book through valuetrips) is mentioned all the time and I think they have free parking as well.

Let us know the details of your arrival and we can fine tune it so you get to do everything you want to do as efficiently as possible.

And don't forget one place that people overlook...Theater seating.

Right! I forgot that one. About a year ago there was a problem in one of the move theaters in a large Times Square multiplex, but it was quickly taken care of. It's like Norovirus; a very clean, very expensive hotel in upstate New York had to be completely shut down for several days and disinfected after a Noro outbreak. This stuff can happen anywhere. (I am deliberately not mentioning the names of these two places, because neither has a current problem.)

Edited by Langoustine