Okay to Repeat Dining outfits?

MarcieandTed

Trying to put my packing list together for our 10-day Celebrity cruise next week (YEAH!) and it seems I may need to repeat a few nights of outfits. For a 10-day cruise, I think there are 3 formal nights. Can I repeat what I wear to the first formal night on the last formal night? I thought I had enough outfits but it seems I don't.

Absolutely. Perhaps you might want to change your accessories, but I highly doubt anyone will notice that much, or really care for that matter.

What I tell my kids when they are worried what others may think is, that if a person has a problem with what you have on, it is their problem, not yours.

I find the easiest way to wear the same outfit on first and last night, both of those nights are casual. I've only taken cruises with 2 formal nights, so I generally take 2 outfits, but I would certainly wear the same outfit the first and third nights. For the other nights, black pants or a skirt (or another color!) with mix and match tops. The great part is also that you can cut down on the amount of shoes you have to pack along.

Many women don't like to cut back, but I have found it is a pleasure not to have too much stuff along, especially all the shoes. I'm always having a great time and don't want to waste a moment fussing over what to wear. If I only have a few choices, it's simple.

I do the same thing with daytime clothes, too. The laundry/dry cleaning onboard ships is usually very good, if an item gets dirty, just send it out.

Caviargirl, you sound just like me. That is exactly my way of thinking. The only thing I try to not pack to much of is shoes. I hate packing shoes.

Now you can call me crazy, but when I flew recently, I actually divided up my carryon stuff with my checked baggage with clothing/shoes I would be depressed on if I lost. Like my manolo shoes I brought one pair of those and I put them in the "carry on" as I knew they could not be replaced (the print on them). I also packed my favorite pieces in the carry on.

Archived