Just booked the Star - Jan15, 2006

Tfish

Just booked the Star Jan 15, 2006!!!!

I'm pumped; going with friends. DW and I did same cruise last January and am looking forward to another great time.

Any advice on pre-cruise hotel?

If I try Priceline should I wait until closer to departure?

Any suggestions for a cancellable hotel just in case I'm unsucessful on Priceline.

Are there any updates on whether we will be stopping in Cozumel?

Thanks

Fish

We stayed at the Amerisuites in Fll before our Star cruise. Very nice room with 2 double beds, a sitting area, kitchenette area with sink, microwave, coffee maker etc. Free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port! Also had a shopping center right across the street. Would definitely stay there again. Oh also had free breakfast on the morning of the cruise and several restaurants nearby! Have a great cruise.

and you'll find lots of hotel information pertaining to FLL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=185

I think if you are going to bid on Priceline, the earlier you bid the better. Check out biddingfortravel.com for the going bidding rate for the rooms you are looking for and try to get close to that rate.

Several of my cruising friends stayed at the Amerisuites before our 10/23 cruise. I believe it has a "same day" cancellation policy. Because of the impending hurricane they booked it from Saturday to Monday, hoping the room wouldn't be needed on Sunday and Monday.

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Inn about a mile or so north of the port. I went through Discount Hotels, and this one came up with several others. The price was right-$60+tax for a "Run of House" category. You will be emailed a voucher that you MUST have with you at check in. Run of House is whatever is available. We had too double beds and the hotel was in the finishing stages of being refurbished. New TV, New Vanity in the bathroom, coffee maker, micowave, refrigerator, new paint, and probably new mattresses on the bed. Our room also opened onto a balcony. The bar and dining room should be upgraded, too, by the time you'd arrive. It was very adequate for one night. It's not cancelable, though. Another perk-its own parking garage. No shuttle. We'll most likely go there again, as we go to Ft. Lauderdale fairly often.Lynne

Archived