Booking the cruise through Verizon

Noel182002

Yes, this is what we did. We booked through Verizon using our points - we paid cash for our deposit - I don't know that there was an option to use gift cards for our deposit. Then I bought Carnival gift cards through Verizon to pay off the balance. We had to call each time to apply a gift card, there wasn't an option online to pay our balance with one so minor inconvenience but feel good about how much we saved at the end of the day.

Yes, this is what we did. We booked through Verizon using our points - we paid cash for our deposit - I don't know that there was an option to use gift cards for our deposit. Then I bought Carnival gift cards through Verizon to pay off the balance. We had to call each time to apply a gift card, there wasn't an option online to pay our balance with one so minor inconvenience but feel good about how much we saved at the end of the day.

There is absolutely a way to pay online with gift cards

Ok I see how you do it, however when I went to price it verizon website automatically applied only 2900 points to it and lowered the price by only 20 dollars, why can't I apply more, I have 72,000 points.

Thanks

They limit the amount of points to use. You don't get to choose how many points to use. Otherwise there are some people, me included, that'd be able to book a free cruise with my verizon points.

How do you book through Verizon?

Sign in to "My Verizon." If you are signed up to receive Verizon Smart Rewards, you'll see your Verizon Smart Rewards points total, click the "Redeem Now" link underneath it. Hover over "Travel" on the Smart Rewards page and click "Cruises." It walks you through the process from there to look at various cruise options and book. It books you through a TA so you have that to consider because for some things (ie payments) you won't be able to deal directly through Carnival. Personally, I didn't feel this was a big deal but it is for some. Hope that helps! :)

I knew you could do this but I wish I knew you could book and pay the balance with gift cards. I already pay my balance with gift cards that I get at a discount but it would have saved me an additional $150 on my 2017 Fascination cruise.

They limit the amount of points to use. You don't get to choose how many points to use. Otherwise there are some people, me included, that'd be able to book a free cruise with my verizon points.

Oh ok thanks, $20 is not worth not using Carnival directly

Oh ok thanks, $20 is not worth not using Carnival directly

It makes sense that the more expensive the fare the more points you get to use (more savings). I priced a 4 day trip in a 4 person room and would have saved like $25. But our 7 day Fascination was $60 cheaper per person.

There is absolutely a way to pay online with gift cards

No there absolutely is not when you book through Verizon since they use a TA. And that's what the thread is about. Not using gift cards in general. Nobody can make payments dirECT to Carnival, with a gift card or otherwise, when booked through a 3rd party.

No, I haven't heard of or seen anything like that...short of getting the discounted Carnival gift cards with your points and applying those to your balance, of course.

Go on the Verizon website just as you would if you were buying gift cards. Choose travel then cruises. You use points to get a discount on the cruise just like with the gift cards. The amount of points you use is already plugged in. You can't use any amount of them that you want. The discount can be decent. I've never seen it less than a couple hundred bucks. But the little bit of feedback I've read give mixed reviews on the TA they use. And since I like my current TA,, I've never bothered. You can use gift cards you buy from Verizon or anywhere else to pay on your cruise including the deposit just like if you were booked through any other TA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LOL This thread is getting so confusing because people are only reading bits and pieces of the content. Recap:

1. You MAY use Verizon points to book cruises through Verizon at a discount. (Directions above)

2. You MAY use Carnival gift cards (even discounted ones you also bought with Verizon points) to pay off your cruise when you book through Verizon.

3. When you book through Verizon using your points, you are limited to the number of points the system allows you to use for that cruise discount. You don't have the option to apply more points for a deeper discount.

4. When you book through Verizon, you are booking through the TA associated with Verizon. In my experience, we've had no problems with this process, I've heard others who disagree. As I said before, the only slight annoyance has been having to call in to the TA to make gift card payments as there was NOT a way to pay off our balance online with gift cards when booked through Verizon because you are booked through a TA. This inconvenience was small to me.

5. If you have already booked through Carnival, you may NOT (to my knowledge) use your Verizon points to get a discount on that cruise. UNLESS you are using your points to buy discounted Carnival gift cards and then applying them to your balance. I suppose you could cancel your Carnival booking and book through Verizon instead if that's an option you'd be willing to take but I've never seen or heard of an option to apply Verizon points directly to an existing Carnival booking.

Hope this helps any confusion!! We saved a decent amount of money this way on our 7 day, 6K category room so feel pretty good about the whole process. My parents did too on their aft wrap balcony. Can't wait to sail. :cool:

LOL This thread is getting so confusing because people are only reading bits and pieces of the content. Recap:

1. You MAY use Verizon points to book cruises through Verizon at a discount. (Directions above)

2. You MAY use Carnival gift cards (even discounted ones you also bought with Verizon points) to pay off your cruise when you book through Verizon.

3. When you book through Verizon using your points, you are limited to the number of points the system allows you to use for that cruise discount. You don't have the option to apply more points for a deeper discount.

4. When you book through Verizon, you are booking through the TA associated with Verizon. In my experience, we've had no problems with this process, I've heard others who disagree. As I said before, the only slight annoyance has been having to call in to the TA to make gift card payments as there was NOT a way to pay off our balance online with gift cards when booked through Verizon because you are booked through a TA. This inconvenience was small to me.

5. If you have already booked through Carnival, you may NOT (to my knowledge) use your Verizon points to get a discount on that cruise. UNLESS you are using your points to buy discounted Carnival gift cards and then applying them to your balance. I suppose you could cancel your Carnival booking and book through Verizon instead if that's an option you'd be willing to take but I've never seen or heard of an option to apply Verizon points directly to an existing Carnival booking.

Hope this helps any confusion!! We saved a decent amount of money this way on our 7 day, 6K category room so feel pretty good about the whole process. My parents did too on their aft wrap balcony. Can't wait to sail. :cool:

Do you, or anyone else, have the contact info for that TA? I am going through the booking process and it's close enough where the full balance is due. I'd like to pay using gift cards but it appears I have to call them.

Do you, or anyone else, have the contact info for that TA? I am going through the booking process and it's close enough where the full balance is due. I'd like to pay using gift cards but it appears I have to call them.

??? Did you book using Verizon points or some other way? And if you did book through Verizon, you don't have the # for the TA they use?

You can use gift cards to pay the balance no matter how you booked it. You just call Carnival direct if you did it that way, or contact your TA if you did it that way.

??? Did you book using Verizon points or some other way? And if you did book through Verizon, you don't have the # for the TA they use?

You can use gift cards to pay the balance no matter how you booked it. You just call Carnival direct if you did it that way, or contact your TA if you did it that way.

I haven't booked yet. I would like to book using Smart Rewards but my only option is to pay the full balance via credit card. I was hoping I could contact the TA that works through Smart Rewards and book with them to use a gift card.

When we booked via Verizon we got a confirmation email with a phone number to make payments so I can give you that, I would think they'd be able to help or get you in touch with someone who can! It's 888-605-6422.

When we booked via Verizon we got a confirmation email with a phone number to make payments so I can give you that, I would think they'd be able to help or get you in touch with someone who can! It's 888-605-6422.

Yes...that's what I'm looking for.

Another question to make this more confusing. Although it isn't confusing now that it has been explained so well. If you book through Verizon can you also call the TA to pay for cheers or any excursions with a gift card?

And thank you. I just checked my Verizon account and I woul save quite a lot with a cruise we are considering.

Another question to make this more confusing. Although it isn't confusing now that it has been explained so well. If you book through Verizon can you also call the TA to pay for cheers or any excursions with a gift card?

And thank you. I just checked my Verizon account and I woul save quite a lot with a cruise we are considering.

I'm not sure. I've only made a different Fun Shops purchase for my booking and did that on my own directly through the Carnival site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums