Falmouth with an 11-month-old baby

naylenk

We will be coming into Falmouth in December on allure of the seas. My husband and I are travelling with our 11-month-old daughter. Does anyone have any recommendations on what we should do? I was thinking about resort for a day but I think we're going to do a resort in Cozumel for quite a bit cheaper. We obviously can't do Dunn's River Falls or any of the adventurous excursions. I was thinking of maybe a tour of the island to some of the highlights. Or should we just stay on the ship? Thanks for your thoughts.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We will be there within the next few weeks and we have hired our own tour guide. I think this may be the safest thing to do, but I will report back to you. I emailed Dave Dawes and he has been an excellent communicator! I have not had to pay a deposit. We told him some of the things we were interested in doing. We cannot decide if we want to do the Blue Hole and Bamboo Beach or MoBay beaches: Doctors Cave, Cornwall Beach & a jerk chicken place.He said we can decide when he picks us up. It is a little pricier than some others but we want the opportunity to make the day ours, which would be important with an infant. You could email him at davedawes69@gmail.com I found good reviews on the forum about him.

We just did did Jamaica on Allure and we left our kids on the boat. We were very happy with Adventure Ocean and Jamaica is just one of the places we wouldn’t want to bring our kids (2 & 5) outside of the port area. Just personal preference. The port area is nice for light shopping with the little one if you want to take them off the boat.

Assuming you are doing a Western tour so you will be able to have nice beach days in Cozumel,Haiti or Bahamas with the baby.

I guess it also depends on what you plan on doing at other ports. If anything I would do a resort beach day. We always do adventurous tours in Jamaica and it’s one place we never regretted leaving the kids on the boat.