I know yall are sick of alcohol questions but...

CruiseFairy

It's not smuggling, it's called creative packing....(as per a fellow CC'er). Put it in your checked luggage, locked up...people suggest plastic bottles of course and maybe in a plastic bag in case it would leak...If it leaks, you'll be stuck in the laundry room. You don't want to be there - there are mean people posing as IRS agents/law enforcement officers doing their laundry on your quarters! ;)

You have all got me SO worried now that I am actually, for the first time, putting Gin in huge water bottles and bringing a backpack with them strapped on the side so it looks like I am Mr Athletic who nees his fluids after a hard workout.

I already got busted once by the Carnival Booze Patrol on embarkation foolishly trying to smuggle bottles of beer I grabbed from the concierge lounge at the Intercontinental in Miami (hey, they were free, what can I say?) on the way out the door. How humiliating. Reminded me of when I was 16 and the cop poured it out illuminated by the headlights of my Volkswagen that one Friday night after the football game.

Sheesh

DW and the kids thought that was hilarious. I think I started speaking to them on day 3 of the cruise.

There should be a law against persecuting booze smugglers

Hello,

On my recent 10-22-05 Glory sailing i packed a cooler with 2 bottles of wine, 3 flasks of Baileys, 7 big bottles of water and a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi and ice. It was unlocked and made it to my cabin ok. My other luggage was locked. All of which were checked in through baggage.

Have a nice day................

Is it better to smuggle a bottle of vodka and rum on the carry on or in checked luggage?

p.s. why do people bring crockpots onboard?

Definitely checked luggage, in plastic bottles and then place the bottle in a large ziploc bag. The ziploc can then be used later to carry back wet swimsuits, etc from ashore. As far as the crockpot goes....i believe it concerns a running joke about there not being enough food available on a cruise (like that would ever happen!), so people sarcastically suggest that they need to smuggle a crockpot aboard to ensure they get enough to eat.

Archived