Radiance, Speciality Dining

Taspost

First time cruiser to Royal, I understand with speciality dining it is an extra cost, just wondering how this works.

Do you pay a one off price per person e.g. $20 and eat what you like from the menu or

Do you pay like a regular restaurant, pay for each item/meal ordered.

If you buy the speciality dining packages eg. 3 restaurants how does this work please.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cover Charge per person and you get everything included except drinks, but Izumi & Rita's are the exception which both are a la carte. When we were on the ship, the packages were on sale, but we didn't eat at any of them as we are vegetarian! Hopes this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time cruiser to Royal, I understand with speciality dining it is an extra cost, just wondering how this works.

Do you pay a one off price per person e.g. $20 and eat what you like from the menu or

Do you pay like a regular restaurant, pay for each item/meal ordered.

If you buy the speciality dining packages eg. 3 restaurants how does this work please.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to the world of Royal Caribbean:)

Specialty Dining is an extra cost but IMO well worth it. You can buy a package that will include Chops, Giovannis, Izumi and Samba Grill. We find they generally want to feed you everything that is on the menu:eek:

Rita's Cantina is no longer on the Radiance - it is now the Crab Shack and that is pay for what you eat. Izumi is a little different in that you are allocated an amount. We have never gone over the amount allowed for food - just the wine:(

You can also buy a package that will include Chef's Table.

When we were on the Legend coming to Australia from Hong Kong (got off last Sunday) it was $US30 for Chops.

If you are going to buy a package, I suggest you buy it on the ship as the price will be the same as you pay online. Generally, the package gives you a free meal.

We always buy at least one package and we usually do that whilst sitting in Windjammers for lunch on Day One. Someone from one of the Specialty Restaurants will be walking around the tables selling the packages - no need to queue, trust me, they will come to you:)

Which cruise are you doing on the Radiance? You should join the roll call for your cruise and register for the Meet and Mingle.

Cheers

Di