Carnival Cruise line Beauty Salon Hair Services for Natural AA hair.

misber

Greetings Everyone,

I am a African American woman with natural hair. I am going on a two week sailing on Carnival Pride in January and have some concerns about how I want to style my hair. I'm not interested in sew-ins, wigs, or synthetic braids; as I may want to wear my fro a couple of days. I wanted to know if anyone with similar hair types has had their hair styled by cruise employees? I'm not looking for anything extravagant; really just two simply goddess braids on the side.

I'd love to hear your experiences whether you received the services or watched someone else receive them. Feedback from everyone is welcomed and appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The stylists may or may not be able to put a goddess braid on either side of your head. It may depend on the length of your hair and whether you want to make the investment for whatever other services they want to sell you such as blow out. I really doubt they carry the packs of extension hair if you want the full effect.

Your best bet is to get it done before you leave home and then take the braids out mid way through for a change of style. Or visit a salon on one of the islands for some twists or goddess braids. I have seen some AA specific beauty salons very near to the cruise docks in the Caribbean where there were stylists outside offering services to passengers visiting their island.

To be honest, with a little practice you could probably learn to braid your own hair or do some other twist up and twist out styles for variety.

Just pack your own supplies.

Edited by candycaramel