Inter-Island helicopters-Kauai

karakopet

Here is my story and thoughts on them.....if this is the company that does the doors off flights on H-500 model copter.

I made a resv. for the entire copter...all seats for our visit to Kauai on the POAmerica this past July. I called 3 weeks prior to our sail date to double check...all was fine. One week prior the company called and said they needed to change our flight time....it was now to be 2 hours later than we booked. I said okay. When we arrived in kauai I rented the car....drove the 30 or so minutes to the Port Allen site.... getting there at 2pm. They gave us our briefing, took our money....and said to wait on the side of the road near the pad. We did, and waited over 2 hours. they said they were hauling the phone company tech. up to the mountains. They had priority. After 3 hours....they said the weather had turned bad, they had to go get the phone guys, so we were out of luck! Also, they stranded 3 other sets of customers this way while we waited....and not one .....We are sorry! Just this, please allow up 2 billing cycles for the credit on our card to be posted......the one they just charged!

To make this long story short.....a reservation is not a reservation with these guys....if you want a for sure ride ....do it with some one else.

Chuck

We used them in 2003 and had a fabulous time. No problems with reservations or anything...except when we were getting ready to depart from where we landed (remote waterfalls and box lunch too) the helicopter wouldn't start, so the second one (two fly a few minutes apart from eachother) finished with his tour, we hung out for about 45 minutes, then the second helicopter came back. Just needed battery recharged. I was worried at first, but my husband, who's a pilot, and one other passenger was in the Air Force, both said, "no problem." We loved flying without the doors - kind of scary, but strapped in we were fine. Better photo ops without the doors. Click on the http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/Hawaiiphotos.html link for Kauai to see some of the photos from the ride.

Monica ;)

All I can say is Awesome!! My husband and I booked this tour for our October POAm cruise. We booked the waterfall landing flight but due to poor weather in the area of the waterfall we were not able to land. The price of our tour was adjusted without asking.

Even without the waterfall landing the tour was fabulous! "Chopper Bob" made the whole flight up close and personal!! Yes, there were times that I was terrified, but the HUGE grins on our faces following the flight are proof that the flight was the highlight of our cruise and the pictures we took will be lasting reminders of the great excursion!

The Port Allen airport is about a 30 minute drive. I would rent a car and enjoy the area. There is a great beach at the end of the road where the airport is located.

I would definately use inter-island! Last month we had booked Jack Harter for our excursion. As we were sitting on the pier waiting for them to pick us up, my cell rang and they cancelled! Five minutes prior to our excursion! (Yes, we confirmed with the at 3:00 the day before). We contacted inter-island and they had a drivrer on the way to pick us up immediately and they gave us a discount for our aggravation! The tour was excellent!!!!! It was one of the highlights of our trip!!! If you need a cd on your actual excursion then use another company but they gave us a generic tape that is great! I would not hesitate to use or suggest them again! AWESOME!!!!!

As for Jack Harter, we found out they cancelled several tours that same morning leaving everyone with only a few minute notice! Not good service!! Everyone was given a different excuse for the cancellations! They were even rude about it!

The trip to the heliport is included with the reservation!

Enjoy your trip! It is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived