Help w/Star ports & tendering info

Cairo

Hello, I am new to posting but have used this wonderful board for info for years.

My husband and I will be on the Star on Dec 18. I am looking for infor about whether any of the ports require tendering. Also any feedback on the do-it-yourself tours, especially St Vincent. I can't find much info on that port on the boards. We are especially interested in outdoor activities like hiking, snorkeling, adventure . . . .

Thanks all for your help.

You need to indicate which ports you are going to visit in order to answer that question.

We were on the Star in January, 2005. The only port that we had to tender to was in Cozumel, all the others we docked at the pier.

The Star is a beautiful ship, with superb crew and facilities. You will enjoy this cruise wherever you go.

Hello, I am new to posting but have used this wonderful board for info for years.

My husband and I will be on the Star on Dec 18. I am looking for infor about whether any of the ports require tendering. Also any feedback on the do-it-yourself tours, especially St Vincent. I can't find much info on that port on the boards. We are especially interested in outdoor activities like hiking, snorkeling, adventure . . . .

Thanks all for your help.

There might be something on the roll call that might help. Why don't you join in and maybe someone there could help.

Vanessa

Thank you and sorry to leave the important info out! The ports I am most interested in hearing about are St Vincent, Martinique, St. Lucia and Grenada. There's quite a lot of info in St Lucia, but can't seem to find much on St Vincent. I think some of the current cruises are doing this route as well. So am especially curious if anyone has been there recently or just has good advice!

Thank you Vanessa. I have read the roll calls! There's lots of info but nothing too specific. I may have jumped the gun. I think the boat may have just started the East Caribbean. An obviously there have been problems because of the hurricanes! Still, any advice greatly appreciated.

Cairo, those ports sound wonderful! The Star is indeed a beautiful ship and I know you will have a wonderful cruise!

I am just off the Star Oct 16-23 - we were scheduled to do the Western Carib (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica) but Wilma diverted us to the Eastern (St Thomas and St Maarten).

It has been a bit up in the air as to where the Star will go since Cozumel is closed/damaged, and the storms made a mess. But I think the cruise that is due back today went on the western route. We'll have to wait to hear how it was.

Hi Gloria, yes we are very excited about the itineray. I haven't been to St. Lucia or St. Vincent and only go to go to Martinique on my own personal cruise from hell. But that's a different story. Yes, I think I jumped the gun. I didn't realize the Star had only recently started sailing my future itinerary. I hope you had fun on your ship. Sounds like it was an adventure!

Sherrie

Oct. 30 - Nov. 6 stopped at Cozumel, but we just dropped off relief supplies and were gone in 2 hours or so.

We tendered into Grand Cayman and Princess Cays. We docked at the pier at Ocho Rios prolly cuz we were the only ship there. Everyone has to tender in to GC and PC I think. Royal Caribbean had a HORRIBLE tendering system at Grand Cayman. I dunno if it's cuz they had two ships and no way of sorting passengers, but their tender line was like 1/2 mile long and about 1 hour wait it seemed. We just walked right through, sat down, and in a few minutes, were on our way.

Codex, I have a question about Grand Cayman. Did you happen to notice when you arrived. My itinerary says we arrive in Grand Cayman at 12:00PM and there is some confusion because of time differences. Right now Grand Cayman is on the same time zone as us, however, there is some thought that the ship time is not Eastern Standard as we are. We are trying to book own excursion and worried about the times. Any information would be helpful.

thanks!

Well, my cruise had it's itinirary altered by Wilma as well. We arrived at Grand Cayman around 8:30 or 9:00am. I am positive I was onshore and shopping by 9:45am cuz my excursion ticket said to meet at the pier at 12:45pm and I had like 3 hours of shopping time before it started. I didn't get on the first two tender boats cuz, well to be honest, I just didn't wake up early enough.

Archived