Mediterranean Cruise- Flight/Hotel Deals

James77

New member here-

Can anyone tell me how or where I can get a great deal on flights/hotels when I go on my Honeymoon to Barcelona, Spain in July 2006!?

Larry, when I booked my own cruise out of Barcelona this past July, I kept looking for airfare lower than what RCI was offering. My flights were out of Boston. After 10 months of watching prices at work every day, I never found air lower than the cruise line's and included checking consolidators. Summer is high season to Europe and therefore very few sale prices.

What about hotels, and or other hidden places to check out before and during the cruise....any addittional information would be very helpful.

We stayed at the Hotel Majestic for two nights prior. My wife used to stay there when visiting her company's Barcelona branch until they moved. She loves the Majestic and it's location and the rest of the family did as well. It recently was upgraded to a 5 Star/Diamond property.

Returned from BCN end of Sept. We loved staying at the Royal Hotel on Las Ramblas, get front facing room only. We did our own booking for hotel and air. Royal was $150 USD incl. breakfast and we used British Air, great service-Free drinks and wine, but unfortunately, a 1 stop flight, ( try to avoid Heathrow ) for $624. If you play around on the web you'll be surprised the difference in prices. Worldwide sites usually include breakfast in their price.

Good luck

We did r/t Barcelona in Oct 04....RCI wanted $1200 for air from Kansas City. Our air always poses a challenge because we are not a hub.

We monitored all the airline websites and finally got KC to Fort Lauderdale for $150 r/t and Iberia r/t from Miami for $599. We were quite happy with it.

You should be able to get a good price out of New York?

We used Priceline for Barcelona day before and after.....Hesperia Del Mar $93.60 night...very nice hotel.....it was not close to La Rambla....no big deal for us we just took the city bus. It was actually about 10 min if that from the pier.

Hello,

We stayed three nights pre-cruise in this hotel on La Rambla. The rooms were fairly large by European standards and the service was good. We did NOT take the breakfast plan, chosing to eat across the street at a little cafe for breakfast.

The location is wonderful to see the sights as Playa Catalunya is up the street, the Gothic Cathedral is around the corner and you're right where all the action is. The cruise terminal is just a few blocks away and a very reasonable cab ride.

Have fun!

Lynne

Archived