Oasis Nov.13,2016 -Mini Review

claret23

Rating: 3.5 stars

Positives:

the ship is beautiful; our junior suite was terrific; the crew was energenic, friendly, smiling, and most of all very accommodating. The food was mostly good, especially Giovannis(2 times), Park Cafe(roast beef sandwich) outstanding.Windjammer very good;if you couldn't find something to like, you didn't try hard enough. Main dining ok, not great. Crowding for the most part ok, considering a full ship.

Negatives:

disembarkation a nightmare-long slow lines, maybe due to customs only manning 8 of 16 stations on a Sunday with 2 Carnival arrivals also.Due to my bad back, wife found wheelchair which was a great help. Felt sorry for the vast number of older folk forced to endure that.

Lastly, and why I would not cruise again on Oasis, and probably any Oasis class ship, was the noise level on PA and shows. Left one show cause I couldn't tolerate it. And most important could not tolerate the female voice shouting on the Promenade, hawking the various shops and sales.was uncomfortable even tryin to enjoy a cocktail 🍹 in Schooners or Champagne Bar.If I'm already on the Promenade, I certainly don't need to go deaf over pricey shopping or junk sales.

Stars: -1 for disembarkation

-1.5 for LOUD

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Rating: 3.5 stars

Positives:

the ship is beautiful; our junior suite was terrific; the crew was energenic, friendly, smiling, and most of all very accommodating. The food was mostly good, especially Giovannis(2 times), Park Cafe(roast beef sandwich) outstanding.Windjammer very good;if you couldn't find something to like, you didn't try hard enough. Main dining ok, not great. Crowding for the most part ok, considering a full ship.

Negatives:

disembarkation a nightmare-long slow lines, maybe due to customs only manning 8 of 16 stations on a Sunday with 2 Carnival arrivals also.Due to my bad back, wife found wheelchair which was a great help. Felt sorry for the vast number of older folk forced to endure that.

Lastly, and why I would not cruise again on Oasis, and probably any Oasis class ship, was the noise level on PA and shows. Left one show cause I couldn't tolerate it. And most important could not tolerate the female voice shouting on the Promenade, hawking the various shops and sales.was uncomfortable even tryin to enjoy a cocktail 🍹 in Schooners or Champagne Bar.If I'm already on the Promenade, I certainly don't need to go deaf over pricey shopping or junk sales.

Stars: -1 for disembarkation

-1.5 for LOUD

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the review.

Was on the same time and I agree, debarking was a nightmare and my only complaint with the promenade was them having the purse sale the same time as the

t-shirt sale right next to each other, lol, i was trapped for a bit. Giovannis was worth the $29 and I can't say this enough DON'T MISS FINIS HENDERSON!!!!! best show I've seen on the high seas.