Barbados Disembarkation Day

brynmelyndavid

Quick question I hope someone can answer for me please.

On the day we disembark the ship in Barbados I understand that we will be given a time for our transfer back to the airport. As our flight isn't until nearly 7pm we want to book a taxi and explore the island, finishing off at the airport so in effect arranging our own airport transfer. I assume P&O don't object to this providing we let them know that we won't be needing their transport?

On the day we disembark the ship in Barbados I understand that we will be given a time for our transfer back to the airport. As our flight isn't until nearly 7pm we want to book a taxi and explore the island, finishing off at the airport so in effect arranging our own airport transfer. I assume P&O don't object to this providing we let them know that we won't be needing their transport?

I'm sure that won't be a problem at all. By telling them beforehand it will avoid any issue of them 'looking' for you although I can't remember whether they even check us getting on the coaches so perhaps there's not even an issue with that.

quick question i hope someone can answer for me please.

On the day we disembark the ship in barbados i understand that we will be given a time for our transfer back to the airport. As our flight isn't until nearly 7pm we want to book a taxi and explore the island, finishing off at the airport so in effect arranging our own airport transfer. I assume p&o don't object to this providing we let them know that we won't be needing their transport?

you can leave the ship at anytime on the day of departure

you either leave when p&o will transfer you or make your own

way to the airport.

There are lots of taxis outside the terminal have a deal with

a driver and he will take you wherever you want to go.

A great way to enjoy yor last day.hope this helps we have done the same as you are planning and had no problems..

you can leave the ship at anytime on the day of departure

you either leave when p&o will transfer you or make your own

way to the airport.

There are lots of taxis outside the terminal have a deal with

a driver and he will take you wherever you want to go.

A great way to enjoy yor last day.hope this helps we have done the same as you are planning and had no problems..

First time in the Caribbean leaving Bham this Saturday. Our flight back is not until 6pm. to do ' your own thing' prior to departure, presumably you would have to take your suitcases with you for check in etc and therefore are able to collect them from Quayside storage at any time in the morning ?

The cases are not shipped direct to the airport for collection there are they ?

Thanks in advance G

Just leave you cases outside your cabin the night before and you won't see them again until you get back to Birmingham.

All you need on the last day is your hand luggage and perhaps a change of clothes.

Hand luggage isnt weighed at the airport on the return flight.

You will receive your flight tickets a few days before, together with instructions.

The only thing you may have to look out for is that you don't enter the airport through the main entrance door but through the one just to the right of it, and after security you will find yourself in the departure lounge.

Hope this makes sense.

Rick.

Hi

If it were me I would leave my hand luggage on board and take a taxi to explore and then get back on ship for a bite to eat before the coach come to pick you up for the airport. My reason for this is if there's a delay you can stay on board in comfort rather than sitting outside the airport because they wont let you through because there is not room due to delays. They don't take you off ship until they are sure the flight is going happen.

Up to you but the airport is not the best nothing to do other than sit around if you can get a seat.

Hi

If it were me I would leave my hand luggage on board and take a taxi to explore and then get back on ship for a bite to eat before the coach come to pick you up for the airport. My reason for this is if there's a delay you can stay on board in comfort rather than sitting outside the airport because they wont let you through because there is not room due to delays. They don't take you off ship until they are sure the flight is going happen.

Up to you but the airport is not the best nothing to do other than sit around if you can get a seat.

Yes but since the outward flight is nearly 9 hours they will know if the flight is going ahead almost by breakfast time and my impression was that a transfer could be as early as 2pm - way too soon for a 7pm flight - and that wouldn't leave much time to explore. We'll only have hand luggage and if we book a taxi that won't be an issue and we can arrange for the tour to end at the airport around 4pm - making the most of the day.

That was my thinking.

Yes but since the outward flight is nearly 9 hours they will know if the flight is going ahead almost by breakfast time and my impression was that a transfer could be as early as 2pm - way too soon for a 7pm flight - and that wouldn't leave much time to explore. We'll only have hand luggage and if we book a taxi that won't be an issue and we can arrange for the tour to end at the airport around 4pm - making the most of the day.

That was my thinking.

Your transfer for a 7pm flight wouldn't be 2pm. They are staggered according to flight departure times. A transfer nearer to 4pm would be a much more realistic transfer for your flight. Personally I'd go with soobs advice - get a reasonably early start, return to the ship for a bite then await your transfer. You can enquire of Reception when you arrive what your transfer time would be and plan accordingly.

Your transfer for a 7pm flight wouldn't be 2pm. They are staggered according to flight departure times. A transfer nearer to 4pm would be a much more realistic transfer for your flight. Personally I'd go with soobs advice - get a reasonably early start, return to the ship for a bite then await your transfer. You can enquire of Reception when you arrive what your transfer time would be and plan accordingly.

We'll ask on board and decide accordingly. But having our hand luggage with us all day really wouldn't be an issue.

I have read reviews on here however that said they'd been transferred as early as 2pm for a 7pm flight, hence why I mentioned it.

Anyway, off to the airport today - fly tomorrow. Bring it on :)

Having just returned from B633, Where our flight was 7pm, our debarkation was 4.30pm. We had our sail pass "Boinged to prove we had left the ship, but nobody checked our names on the mini bus to prove we were on that flight.

The ship also does an explore trip with a drop off at the airport, so I dont think it will be any problem for you to do this yourselves.

We'll ask on board and decide accordingly. But having our hand luggage with us all day really wouldn't be an issue.

I have read reviews on here however that said they'd been transferred as early as 2pm for a 7pm flight, hence why I mentioned it.

Anyway, off to the airport today - fly tomorrow. Bring it on :)

Have a great time. :)