Britannia G deck aft suite

sapphire4

Hi, we spoiled ourselves last year and pushed the boat out so to speak for a front suite F102 which we really liked ,however , my other half would like to try a wraparound aft suite. There only seem to be the two left on G deck, G732 and G733. Am a bit apprehensive with the reports of noise, soot and smoking problems on other posts. The smoking seemed to be more of a problem port side?I don't want to spend a lot of money and be disappointed. The prices seem rather high at the moment .Just wondering if they are likely to fall for a select cabin? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't been on Britannia so I can't comment on the Britannia aft suites but I can tell you about our experience with other aft suites. We've had those on Azura, Oceana, Adonia and Arcadia. The Arcadia one was a wrap around suite and it was wonderful, so were the others. We've had more aft suites than balcony cabins. We love being at the stern of the ship, overlooking the wake. Yes you do get the noise of the water but we find it very soporific. On the ships we've been on we've never had a problem with soot or smoke but then I don't know if Britannia is different. I just thought it worth saying how much we like aft suites - we have one again on Ventura in January.

Hi, we spoiled ourselves last year and pushed the boat out so to speak for a front suite F102 which we really liked ,however , my other half would like to try a wraparound aft suite. There only seem to be the two left on G deck, G732 and G733. Am a bit apprehensive with the reports of noise, soot and smoking problems on other posts. The smoking seemed to be more of a problem port side?I don't want to spend a lot of money and be disappointed. The prices seem rather high at the moment .Just wondering if they are likely to fall for a select cabin? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

If you went for the one on the Starboard side then you shouldn't have a problem from smokers. I believe that soot is more of an issue on the higher decks, although G deck cabins are deeper so may catch a bit more than say D,E or F deck as balconies on G protrude more and are more uncovered. Personally, I wouldn't book a G deck aft suite for one simple reason - you are immediately above the show lounge which becomes the nightclub until the early hours. We have got a corner aft wraparound suite on F deck booked and I am anxious enough about the potential noise, even though we are a deck higher. If you aren't bothered about noise then in all other respects it would be great. But G deck would be an absolute no for me as I couldn't stand the noise every night.

I agree with you that the front suites on Britannia are fabulous. We have stayed in one twice and love the panoramic forward window. Yes the balconies are rubbish (as are the side suites) but in all other respects they are superb. Like you, we've gone for an aft wrap around for a change, but I'm anxious that we might regret it as there are known issues that you just don't get with the front suites. Decisions, decisions....

in jan we had E742 with no problem and have booked B726 because it has a way better balcony

Hi Bazlin we have E743 next weekend. What's the balcony like. We booked ages ago. I could have booked B deck but was worried it was overlooked - Did i make a mistake[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app