Rooms on independence

Rjh8842

As our final payment date is fast approaching I have started looking at possible upgrades that may become available.

We are currently on deck 9.

Pros- only staterooms above and below us. Also near our second stateroom ( which will not be upgrading due to needing an accessible room)

Thinking of changing to an inside family

Pros- much larger room

Cons- near and below public areas may be noisy. And it is on deck 2 I have never been low on the ship I don't know how I would like it.

Another possibility is changing to a family promenade. But I bet someone would forget to close the curtains and give a show to the neighbors.

Or we could go the traditional way. But I do not think anyone besides myself would appreciate the balcony. And I have been hearing a lot of complaints about smokers. I just do not want to deal with them.

Of course this is all speculation that these rooms would be available. What would you recommend? Tia

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

I would begin setting up price alerts and see if any of the other possible stateroom categories lower in price and then take advantage. You should also check the availability of the cabins in the category you are considering.

I've been able to snag some pretty nice upgrades (for either minimal upgrade fee or no upgrade fee) right after final payment. All depends upon supply and demand.

Are the rooms with a view of the Promenade super noisy?

Only when there is something loud going on down on the Royal Promenade, such as the 70's dance party or one of the parades.

Edited by clarea

• 3 weeks later...

I loved our 9th floor balcony room. It was our first cruise and I was pleasantly surprised by the size, and the balcony window made it feel even larger. The smoking areas are only on one side of the ship, and our balcony was on the opposite side, so smoke was a non-issue. Everything was nice and quiet and I loved being walking-distance to the pool deck. IIRC the smoking side is the 'right' side of the ship, I forget whether that it port or starboard. :)