A new question about Huatulco beach near port

anteaters

Hi! We like the sound of the beach that has been described as right next to the dock. It appears that you pay from $20-40 for beach chairs or possibly get them free if you buy your food/drinks there. My question is, can you just plop your towels on the sand, spend the time you want in the water, and then come back out maybe sitting on the towels for a few minutes to dry off with everything being safe (i.e. possessions, sand fleas that I read about somewhere)? We basically go to the beach just to swim and walk around and never just lay down on loungers very long if at all. Thanks!

Hi! We like the sound of the beach that has been described as right next to the dock. It appears that you pay from $20-40 for beach chairs or possibly get them free if you buy your food/drinks there. My question is, can you just plop your towels on the sand, spend the time you want in the water, and then come back out maybe sitting on the towels for a few minutes to dry off with everything being safe (i.e. possessions, sand fleas that I read about somewhere)? We basically go to the beach just to swim and walk around and never just lay down on loungers very long if at all. Thanks!

Personally I wouldn't leave anything on the beach by itself in Mexico.

If there are two traveling. Take turns swimming so that one person is beside your items. Don't recall seeing loungers beside the beach near the pier.

Mostly local use the beach near the pier.

We stopped at the beach beside the cruise terminal last year in Dec. on our way back from a river rafting excursion. My husband wore the backpack and the 2 kids and I went in the water. It was mid - later day so it wasn't crazy busy. I would not have left anything valuable in my bag on the beach! There was a constant stream of people trying to sell stuff.

We didn't rent a chair, I don't even think we had a drink. We did go on the banana ride and laughed because it was a rip off (did it for the kids), and my husband did leave the backpack for that part (my swim shorts had a zip spot so I was able to put our id's in it safely). the back pack had sunscreen and water shoes, not exactly a score!

Beach was nice sand, not super wavey. We didn't go very deep because of the kids. There were lots of resturants to sit at if so inclinded. Oh and it was a free beach. Hope that answers your questions.

We stopped at the beach beside the cruise terminal last year in Dec. on our way back from a river rafting excursion. My husband wore the backpack and the 2 kids and I went in the water. It was mid - later day so it wasn't crazy busy. I would not have left anything valuable in my bag on the beach! There was a constant stream of people trying to sell stuff.

We didn't rent a chair, I don't even think we had a drink. We did go on the banana ride and laughed because it was a rip off (did it for the kids), and my husband did leave the backpack for that part (my swim shorts had a zip spot so I was able to put our id's in it safely). the back pack had sunscreen and water shoes, not exactly a score!

Beach was nice sand, not super wavey. We didn't go very deep because of the kids. There were lots of resturants to sit at if so inclinded. Oh and it was a free beach. Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks! Yes, it does.