GALLERY One DT Suites info, PLEASE ?

tjatczak

I know I can always count on my CC "friends" for great info...

Staying here for the first time precruise in March - I assume that the best method for transportation from the airport and then to the port the next morning is a cab ? I appreciate your thoughts.

Then..

how about your favorite suggestion for a dinner? No chain, must be a local establishment...seafood or steak or ????

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Staying here for the first time precruise in March - I assume that the best method for transportation from the airport and then to the port the next morning is a cab ? I appreciate your thoughts.

Then..

how about your favorite suggestion for a dinner? No chain, must be a local establishment...seafood or steak or ????

Taxi from the airport to the hotel may be approximately $25+. Uber should run a bit cheaper.

Just west of the hotel, outside the Galleria Mall, are two really great seafood and steak options ... Trulucks and Capital Grill. I like J Marks, which is frequented by locals. They have really good food (great rib eye steak) and happy hour specials. It is an approx 7 minute cab ride/uber from the hotel. Serafina is an excellent Italian restaurant, along the Middle River, just 5 minutes from the hotel.

Then..

We stayed last April, taxi from airport was around 25.00. Next day we took the shuttle they offered. Don't do it unless you are by yourself. Taxi cost from port to hotel was 16.00 plus tip for 4 so I wish I would have did taxi from hotel to port would have be alot cheaper. Nice hotel.

Then..

Uber is the least expensive transportation.

The nearby steak/seafood restaurants, Trulucks, Texas de Brazil, and Capital Grill are chains.

Steak 954 (steak and seafood) is excellent and is just over a mile away, a very short ride...reservations are highly suggested. Coconuts is about 2 miles away and they have good seafood...they don't take reservations, but if you call when you're 15 minutes away they'll put you on the waiting list.

Edited by royalcruz

My wife and I have stayed here several times and it is our favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale. However, do not take the shuttle to the port. We asked the bellhop for cab and he called the shuttle over which was parked at hotel. We asked shuttle driver what the cost was and were told $15 per person. We told the bellhop that we had asked for cab and not shuttle and he with a rather disgusted look motioned for cab. Fare to port was $18 plus tip.