Just got an upsell to the Garden Villa 😍

maja651

Mcferran - is there anything in the suite (Star 14000 specifically) that will allow for our own digital music... maybe some audio input cables to the TV? Or will we need to bring a speaker with us?

Can you please tell me the name of your butler, concierge, and room steward?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by urquie

We were in 14500. It had music for the outdoor patio area but it was the ship's music, like 4 or 5 channels. Note - the knob to turn it on is inside the hallway, in the GV, not outside in the patio. There was no CD players that we can remember. There is a player piano though! 😀 I wrote a review and included pictures after the cruise. If you search on my name you can probably find it. We LOVED the Star GV and the specialness (is that a Word? Lol ) we felt from the crew. You truly feel like royalty!

I completely agree, we were in that suite before you and had the same experience!

I have a question maybe someone can answer.

I understand you couldn't add anyone ( assume new) b/c the ship is sold out.

However We have a 2 bedroom haven suite and friends of ours are in a balcony.If I was able to get the villa would let me just move them into the room since they are already on the sailing.

They wouldn't be able to cancel b/c it would be already past final payment.

I have heard on these boards that sometimes family members have several rooms and it does't matter where you sleep.

I have a question maybe someone can answer.

I understand you couldn't add anyone ( assume new) b/c the ship is sold out.

However We have a 2 bedroom haven suite and friends of ours are in a balcony.If I was able to get the villa would let me just move them into the room since they are already on the sailing.

They wouldn't be able to cancel b/c it would be already past final payment.

I have heard on these boards that sometimes family members have several rooms and it does't matter where you sleep.

I think it would depend on life boat capacity and if the station for the upgrade could handle the extra capacity. I will say that I'm not sure a couple would want to "sleep" in the 2nd bedroom most likely, not very comfortable. Don't even know if it's possible for them to sleep in their assigned room but then have the haven privileges.

I think it would depend on life boat capacity and if the station for the upgrade could handle the extra capacity. I will say that I'm not sure a couple would want to "sleep" in the 2nd bedroom most likely, not very comfortable. Don't even know if it's possible for them to sleep in their assigned room but then have the haven privileges.

I think he was referring to the Garden Villa.

Tumblew467 - I bet there would be no issue. Call the upsell department first thing tomorrow. Since you are already in the Haven I bet your upsell price would be even less than ours. Are you on our December 23 sailing?

Edited by maja651

Tumblew467 - I bet there would be no issue. Call the upsell department first thing tomorrow. Since you are already in the Haven I bet your upsell price would be even less than ours. Are you on our December 23 sailing?

You're absolutely right. I misread.

Oooh, nice! I'm on that same cruise- my sis has the 2 bedroom suite and we're in the penthouse balcony suite. I wouldn't mind a haven suite but think we're at our max-though it would be pretty cool! I would want it most for the private lounge area, I think.

Oooh, nice! I'm on that same cruise- my sis has the 2 bedroom suite and we're in the penthouse balcony suite. I wouldn't mind a haven suite but think we're at our max-though it would be pretty cool! I would want it most for the private lounge area, I think.

I bet if you called the upsell desk you would get a heck of a deal moving your sis and yourself (both cabins) into the Garden Villa.

HI Maja651

THanks for the info.I am not on the dec 23 sailing, read this thread and was thinking of my May cruise. We have the 2 bedroom haven and 1 friend is with us there. Now 2 more friends are sailing . So I was plotting for May -lol -after reading this thread.

However we are on the New Years sailing on the Gem. I had orig booked a mini suite and called the upsell dept on the 29th of Nov and got a great upsell to the H5. I was stalking that cabin for weeks and there was only 1 left. So I am happy. I am paying less than 1/2 of the total price if I booked it outright.

Enjoy your cruise.

HI Maja651

THanks for the info.I am not on the dec 23 sailing, read this thread and was thinking of my May cruise. We have the 2 bedroom haven and 1 friend is with us there. Now 2 more friends are sailing . So I was plotting for May -lol -after reading this thread.

However we are on the New Years sailing on the Gem. I had orig booked a mini suite and called the upsell dept on the 29th of Nov and got a great upsell to the H5. I was stalking that cabin for weeks and there was only 1 left. So I am happy. I am paying less than 1/2 of the total price if I booked it outright.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yah! Aren't upsells the best!? Have fun in your H5!