norweign spirit Feb.2, 2017

elvisdaredevil

I was trying to find roll call, saw there were 10 but would not let me open it up. We are getting to Barcelona 2 days early already book a hotel. Has anyone used transportation there? I saw there was a hop on and off but but also a metro system. Does anyone one know about either of them?

The bus is problematic with luggage, plus the pickpockets of Barcelona specifically get on these buses from the airport into the city to target tourists. IMO, you are better off taking a taxi from the airport to your hotel. Once you are free of your luggage, then you would be in a better situation to use public transportation. Just be alert at all times. The taxis are very inexpensive and with luggage and the quick ride to your hotel, you really can't beat them for being the best way to go from the airport to your hotel.

Do think out in advance how you will protect your money and valuables. I would suggest not keeping it all in the same place and not carrying a purse or backpack or wearing a fanny pack. I go so far as to conceal money in several hidden locations on my person in Barcelona such as hidden pockets and even under the lining of my shoe. We've gone many times, but never been pickpocketed. I do go out of my way NOT to look like a tourist - we dress in business type clothes with European walking shoes. If we are not speaking in Spanish, we keep our voices low. Since we're not carrying bags and there's no obvious place our money might be, I think the pickpockets move on to easier targets. This is all good advice for Barcelona:

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-tourist/115-safety-barcelona-top-tips-pickpockets

Here are some examples of clothing with hidden pockets:

https://www.clothingarts.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAjvrBBRDxm_nRusW3q1QSJAAzRI1tqW0FnY73gG2qp3CxSBnWi0oW9NoZZn1-Da4qL4LeKBoCKi3w_wcB

http://www.scottevest.com/index_first_visit.shtml

I was trying to find roll call, saw there were 10 but would not let me open it up. We are getting to Barcelona 2 days early already book a hotel. Has anyone used transportation there? I saw there was a hop on and off but but also a metro system. Does anyone one know about either of them?

I found the metro system very easy to use. Buy the 10 trip ticket. You can use iy for your group for the 2 days/ There is a roll call for the Feb 2-13 NCL Spirit. Try to find it by acccessing it through the Message Board. Looking for morew people to join for day excursions.

Ellen