hotel recommendation for fll

illinoisfive

If i am planning on renting a car at fll and staying in an area hotel for the night prior to my flight back home from fll, is the taramac, or sawgrass mills area, or plantation a good place to stay? trying to save some money and not stay at the more expensive hotels near fll airport.

I would beg to differ with Sharon.

I live in Plantation and I avoid going to Sawgrass Mall like the plague. It's a zoo with really bad drivers anywhere near the mall and the restaurants in the area leave a lot to be desired.

The hotels around Westfield Mall and The Fountains Mall are excellent properties with great rates. The Fountains is an outdoor mall that has a couple restaurants with outdoor seating that always seem to be busy when I drive by. The close proximity to Davie offers even more choices in restaurants. The two hotels I would check the rates on are both La Quinta Inns within a few blocks of each other, one on Peters Road and the other on 6th Street. I usually prefer the Peters Road location, but the 6th Street location just finished a remodel and they would probably be my first choice now. Also close by is Courtyard, Hampton Inn, the Renaissance and farther north on University are the Residence Inn and Holiday Inn Express.

You're not going to find any fine dining in the areas you mentioned, so most of the restaurants are of the nicer chain varieties like Brio, Olive Garden, Bones Barbecue, Chilli's, TGIFridays and J Alexander's. You will find Baja style Mexican with Lime Fresh Mexican Grill (outdoor seating) and Zona Fresca. South a mile or two on University Drive in Davie is family style Italian with Buca di Beppo as well as a new Outback, Whole Foods store and a barbecue place I've yet to try.

For sports bar/restaurants is Bokamper's on Peters Road and Duffy's on University and for Mexican is Azteca to the south on Pine Island Rd/I-595 while Ole Ole is on the north side of Westfield Mall. About a mile east of Westfield Mall on Broward Blvd. is Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine which is a local family owned/run restaurant by a family who came to South Florida as refugees in the Mariel Boatlift from Cuba.

Also, I would not rent a car from FLL, there are plenty of car rental agencies around the port with free shuttles...Budget, Enterprise, Avis, Thrifty and Dollar.

I live in Plantation and ................

We've booked our pre cruise stay at Hampton Inn - Plantation. Are there any decent restaurants nearby? Not fussy, my definition of "decent" can be anything upscale from a hot dog stand - (L.O.L.).

Edited by Grimsby

We've booked our pre cruise stay at Hampton Inn - Plantation. Are there any decent restaurants nearby? Not fussy, my definition of "decent" can be anything upscale from a hot dog stand - (L.O.L.).

Why don't you look at the post directly above yours?