Carnival Glory Or Valor...Which would you prefer??

mame2boyz

We are planning a cruise to the Eastern Carribbean and are just about to make reservations for February. Which ship would you choose and why?? They have the exact same itineraries...

We are two couple wanting a romantic getaway.

Thanks!

Kendra

The Valor is newer, if that makes any difference to you. We cruised on the Glory last year and loved it. If the itineraries are exactly the same (and pricing?), I'd chose the Glory simply because we live only 45 minutes from Port Canaveral. Are you driving or flying? If you're flying, is it cheaper for you to fly into Miami or Orlando?

I haven't been on the Valor yet (booked for 6/18/06) but I have been on the Glory.

Flying into MCO can be cheaper than MIA (but maybe not as much if you fly to FLL)

Orlando is also a great place to be before and after cruise, if you have time. Before we did the Glory, we spent a week doing Disney and Universal Studios. After getting off the ship, we did the space center.

Next month, before our New Years cruise on the Glory, we'll squeeze in a few days at Disney World.

Just something to think about...

If your decision has boiled down to these two ships, and you can not make up your mind, flip a coin. They are basically the same ship, the only difference being the interior theme.

That being said, Cruisinlawn's (interesting name) note about one leaving on Saturday and one leaving on Sunday might be important. On the other hand, one leaves from Port Canaveral and the other from Miami. That might make a difference to you.

I basically had the same option, except I knew I wanted to leave from Port Canaveral, because I wanted to spend a day at NASA. So I was looking to see which ships left from Port Canaveral and went where I wanted to go. Otherwise I might have gone with the Valor.

Was on the Glory twice..Once with Cruisemom2. This time I chose Valor because of the Very attractive lower price, and the fact that the Valor has stem to stern Wi-Fi computer access. Have never stayed in Miami before so set up a pre cruise night there also.

Hope this helps

We cruised on the Valor this past May with the western itenery. We absolutly loved the ship. It was very easy to get around and had some great people. We had no problems with imbarkation and debarkation. I also have a guide where you can make deck plans the size of a credit card to put behind your sail and sign card so you can never get lost. LOL If you would like them you can send me an email at chrly_grl@hotmail.com. Just make sure to include Valor Deck Plans in the heading so I don't accidentally delete your email.

Charlyn

Archived