If you want College Football, NASCAR, choose another line!

aliciag640

I just posted a thread about the same weekend for 2017. I'm specifically interested in the OSU vs Michigan game.

Was told the game won't be shown, so googled the subject to see other comments, and this thread came up.

Crazy that they don't show the games.

Crazy? Really? I'd say 99% of people who book a cruise don't give a seconds thought as to which sport will be shown.

I say this as a sports fan. On The Escape last year they switched off the Wimbledon Tennis final after 3/4 of the match, I simply ordered another cocktail and got in the hot tub.

Then they failed to show the European Championship final (the 3rd biggest match in world football). I laughed it off and got drunk with a few Ozzie blokes who had turned up to watch it too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Crazy? Really? I'd say 99% of people who book a cruise don't give a seconds thought as to which sport will be shown.

I say this as a sports fan. On The Escape last year they switched off the Wimbledon Tennis final after 3/4 of the match, I simply ordered another cocktail and got in the hot tub.

Then they failed to show the European Championship final (the 3rd biggest match in world football). I laughed it off and got drunk with a few Ozzie blokes who had turned up to watch it too.

Yes, to me it's crazy. Maybe only 40 people on a cruise ship during Thanksgiving week care about football.. I'd think the percentage would be much higher.. either way, I didn't realize this before I booked the cruise.

So now I just need to make up my mind on what we will do.

I'm not offended by people who don't care about football..not sure why people here are getting so upset about the people who do.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, I'm not upset. I just find it bizarre. But everyone's different.

Bizarre that people watch big football games while on vacation? In my experience there are a lot of vacationers who do this. It's always a fun time.. wearing your teams gear, high fiving strangers.. just good fun.

I guess I'm just shocked that other people are shocked by the fact that big football weekends are a big deal to some.lol. I didn't realize it was unheard of.

Bizarre that people watch big football games while on vacation? In my experience there are a lot of vacationers who do this. It's always a fun time.. wearing your teams gear, high fiving strangers.. just good fun.

I guess I'm just shocked that other people are shocked by the fact that big football weekends are a big deal to some.lol. I didn't realize it was unheard of.

No, sorry you've misunderstood me. I find it bizarre that some people would change holiday plans or pick another cruise line because of a companies television coverage of sport.

As I said, I am a sports fan and loved watching the World Cup final in 2014 aboard The Epic. The biggest game on the planet. I just wouldn't have considered changing my holiday plans to suit it.

Have you checked the itenerary for your cruise? Maybe you're in port that day and can watch onshore. We were on the Gem last Thanksgiving week and a few people were watching OSU play some other team (Michigan?) in a sports bar right near the port.

No, sorry you've misunderstood me. I find it bizarre that some people would change holiday plans or pick another cruise line because of a companies television coverage of sport.

As I said, I am a sports fan and loved watching the World Cup final in 2014 aboard The Epic. The biggest game on the planet. I just wouldn't have considered changing my holiday plans to suit it.

I understand that. Personally, I would most definitely change my plans if there was a possibility that I would miss the World Cup.

We are doing Thanksgiving week on the getaway, and the following week at Walt Disney World. So I could flip the weeks, I'm just not sure if I want to be in Disney World during Thanksgiving week because of the crowds.

We are huge soccer and football fans. And we always plan a day of an important game around a sporting event even when on vacation. I was just surprised that Norwegian didn't show them, this will be our first time with NCL

I had to laugh at myself in 2015 when I had booked a cruise on opening day MLB. My niece's husband was even pitching the home opener while I was cruising. Lucky for me I cruised the very first week NCL offered unlimited wifi. With my MLB AtBat I was able to watch it stream with no problem.

Another time I was cruising on the Sun and watched some MLB at a bar in Aruba. I returned to the ship and to my surprise and delight it was showing on the tv in my suite.

I also have watched the Oscars on the Sun.

I am a huge sports fan. I would only be disappointed if I missed one of my teams in the World Series or Superbowl!!! But, I book way early and the chance of my team getting to their respective finale would not be enough for me to not book that week.

As much as I enjoy the excitement of watching live, a DVR'd viewing later could be fun. But only if my team won. Wink.

Have you checked the itenerary for your cruise? Maybe you're in port that day and can watch onshore. We were on the Gem last Thanksgiving week and a few people were watching OSU play some other team (Michigan?) in a sports bar right near the port.

It's a Sea Day. :(. I checked immediately after I read the first comment about college football not being shown. The game was at noon last year, time hasn't been announced this year yet. I know I can't stream it from my phone or iPad, but will I be able to watch highlights?

I had to laugh at myself in 2015 when I had booked a cruise on opening day MLB. My niece's husband was even pitching the home opener while I was cruising. Lucky for me I cruised the very first week NCL offered unlimited wifi. With my MLB AtBat I was able to watch it stream with no problem.

Another time I was cruising on the Sun and watched some MLB at a bar in Aruba. I returned to the ship and to my surprise and delight it was showing on the tv in my suite.

I also have watched the Oscars on the Sun.

I am a huge sports fan. I would only be disappointed if I missed one of my teams in the World Series or Superbowl!!! But, I book way early and the chance of my team getting to their respective finale would not be enough for me to not book that week.

As much as I enjoy the excitement of watching live, a DVR'd viewing later could be fun. But only if my team won. Wink.

Can I stream it? That would be wonderful! I thought I read that you couldn't stream while on board

I'm glad you were able to watch some of the baseball game!

No, what's bizarre is you think a cruise ship is some sort of sports bar you can walk into and ask the bartender to change the channel on the TV. It's not, it's a ship at sea owned by an international company that has to contract specific satellite programming and TV programming is simply not a priority no matter how much you post on Cruise Critic.

Can I stream it? That would be wonderful! I thought I read that you couldn't stream while on board

How much are you willing to pay for the Internet time to watch it on your laptop? $250?

Shoot I am not surprised if folks change their cruise plans around for football [emoji458]! In Alabama some people plan their weddings around Alabama & Auburn games!

Ha! So glad that someone understands!!lol

No, what's bizarre is you think a cruise ship is some sort of sports bar you can walk into and ask the bartender to change the channel on the TV. It's not, it's a ship at sea owned by an international company that has to contract specific satellite programming and TV programming is simply not a priority no matter how much you post on Cruise Critic.

Where else would I ask my question besides cruise critic? That's kind of my whole point in signing up here.. to ask questions of people who may know info that I do not know.

I certainly didn't sign up just so I could comment to someone that I think it's odd that they have their own personal interests...especially if I had nothing relevant to the question to add.

To each their own though :)

How much are you willing to pay for the Internet time to watch it on your laptop? $250?

Yes, I would be more than willing to pay $250 if it was guaranteed that I could stream the entire game.

Is this possible?

Ha! So glad that someone understands!!lol

Where else would I ask my question besides cruise critic? That's kind of my whole point in signing up here.. to ask questions of people who may know info that I do not know.

You asked your question in another thread, now you are on a crusade by digging up a 7 month old thread thinking you can gather some sort of torch and pitchfork crowd for a show of force.

I certainly didn't sign up just so I could comment to someone that I think it's odd that they have their own personal interests...especially if I had nothing relevant to the question to add.

To each their own though :)

I have no personal interest this. Just answering your "questions" and trying to bring you into reality.

Yes, I would be more than willing to pay $250 if it was guaranteed that I could stream the entire game.

Is this possible?

It's possible, but the Internet connection is slow and fades in and out. Will you be giving up a port to watch the game?

I really wanted to watch Cubbies/Tribe (&Tito Francona) in WS last fall

OK, the Dawn didn't carry a feed. I lived with it.

Cocktails, hot tub ... as NCLFamily so wisely advised earlier.

But as a DieHard RedSox fan, I wept for the Chi/Clev fans I interacted with while aboard.

I would not have been able to bear being on a cruise in 2004 if there were no telecast >>> would have probably submitted a "Dog ate my homework" excuse to TripInsurance to get out of going.

Shoot I am not surprised if folks change their cruise plans around for football [emoji458]! In Alabama some people plan their weddings around Alabama & Auburn games!

Planning around a game and moving an event FOR a game are two different things. Totally get the "planning around". The "changing" not so much.

Yes. I watched a live feed. Could also watch archive footage. It was fine. Start researching if there is a similar option for you.

I watched on my ipad or phone.

I really wanted to watch Cubbies/Tribe (&Tito Francona) in WS last fall

OK, the Dawn didn't carry a feed. I lived with it.

Cocktails, hot tub ... as NCLFamily so wisely advised earlier.

But as a DieHard RedSox fan, I wept for the Chi/Clev fans I interacted with while aboard.

I would not have been able to bear being on a cruise in 2004 if there were no telecast >>> would have probably submitted a "Dog ate my homework" excuse to TripInsurance to get out of going.

I am pretty sure I could have watched WS on my ipad through my ATBat and wifi. But I was at home watching my niece's husband earn himself a WS ring! (He pitched game 2 and game 6!)

I am also a Texas Rangers fan. But my dad was from Boston and loved both Red Sox and Rangers. Luckily he never had to choose (for one to win the pennant).

It would be a bummer to miss the world series no matter who played. After 162 games it would feel wierd to not see it play out. And this past year's was a roller coaster ride!

Planning around a game and moving an event FOR a game are two different things. Totally get the "planning around". The "changing" not so much.

I more than likely will not switch weeks, only because of crowds at WDW.

Curious though, if you originally schedule something around a game, or book a cruise and a month later find out that the game you thought would be on tv is not- and you switch to the next week.. what's the difference? Same result, no?

I more than likely will not switch weeks, only because of crowds at WDW.

Curious though, if you originally schedule something around a game, or book a cruise and a month later find out that the game you thought would be on tv is not- and you switch to the next week.. what's the difference? Same result, no?

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say. But it doesn't matter. Changing a vacation around a game is ridiculous in my opinion. I

live in Chicago and I love all kinds and levels of sports. I've been to weddings where TV's are brought in for Stanley cup or even Bears games.

I've been to high school football games where the World Series is playing in the concession stand.

I've been on cruise when the Hawks were in the Finals...guess what, we missed and it was perfectly fine.

FWIW, I think NCL shows plenty of games, but there's no guarantee. I've cruised during bowl season and other important games and seems like they are often on.

You will never get a definitive yes on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I think NCL shows plenty of games, but there's no guarantee. I've cruised during bowl season and other important games and seems like they are often on.

You will never get a definitive yes on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I've heard read everything from "NCL does not show American sports" to "NCL doesn't show college football" to "NCL will have NFL football on Thanksgiving".

It's a bit confusing.lol. I'll do more research on streaming the game.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say. But it doesn't matter. Changing a vacation around a game is ridiculous in my opinion. I

live in Chicago and I love all kinds and levels of sports. I've been to weddings where TV's are brought in for Stanley cup or even Bears games.

I've been to high school football games where the World Series is playing in the concession stand.

I've been on cruise when the Hawks were in the Finals...guess what, we missed and it was perfectly fine.

I honestly had no idea that a football game would be a volatile subject.. nor did I realize that people would be so concerned about someone contemplating switching to the following week.

I appreciate that you were perfectly fine missing sporting events that were important to you. I do think that I'm paying for my own vacation though, so what's important to me should probably hold greater weight in my planning.

Thanks to everyone who gave helpful advice! I'm going to plan on the streaming option.