Fort and Beach Break - San Juan

coldweather

Hello.

I looks like it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the San Juan cruise terminal to the Fort. How much is the cab fare?

We would like to see the fort and then head to a beach for 2-3 hours. The beach would need restrooms and chairs. Any suggestsions on beach? What is the best way to get there and the approximate cost if known.

Thanks.

The walk to the Fort is longer than that, it is uphill and if you have not been to San Juan before, it is quite humid, more so than some other Caribbean destinations. I haven't done it by cab so I cannot advise....I don't think cabs are actually allowed down by the cruise dock, and I have not seen them in the three times I have been there. You might want to consider an excursion for the beach, I believe they are fairly far from the cruise port area. That area is fabulous though for just walking around, the history is incredible, there is much to see in old San Juan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are plenty of cabs right outside the terminals. If you do not choose to tour i would just walk up the first for it approx 10 minute walk. El Morro is about another 10 min after that depending how fast you walk. I like to drink and eat so i bought a package and spent the day at the beach. I really liked it and was not expensive!

• 2 weeks later...